Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

Keeping erection after ejaculation ?

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
User Profile
I seem to lose my erection very quickly after I ejaculate sometimes it seems like it is almost instant.

It's doing my head in now as when having sex with my girlfriend I ejaculte lose my erection and can't finish pleasuring her is there a way to keep my erection after I ejaculate, we have a good sex life but this seems to becoming a bigger and bigger problem, I'm in pretty good health exersise regulary and not perticualy stressed.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2011
Erectile Dysfunction Answer A18670
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

I would like to mention a few facts to help you out. Usually most men last about 3 minutes to 7 minutes max, from initial penetration of the vagina to orgasm. This time range does not count foreplay, only intercourse. So if you’re lasting within that span of time, you’re perfectly normal. Also keep in mind most women don’t want or need men to go on for hours together.
Orgasm in men ends with ejaculation, and it is completely normal to lose the penile erection within 3-4 minutes post ejaculation.

From the history given it seems that you have performance anxiety and premature ejaculation.

The cause of premature ejaculation is a combination of psychological as well as physical factors. During their childhood, boys masturbate usually in secrecy for fear of being discovered. In such situations, being able to ejaculate quickly is a “good” thing. So such early experiences may condition the male sexual response to a pattern of rapid ejaculation that they never get out of. When they get into a relationship this conditioned reflex presents as premature ejaculation.
The remedy here is to self train and control ejaculation. The trick to long love making sessions to learn to control and postpone orgasm. This trick is not explained or taught normally as you grow up, but you have to master it with self experimentation.

Some techniques to prolong the sexual act include the Stop-start method, The Squeeze method and regular Kegel exercises which will help you control your pelvic muscles which will help to control ejaculation. This cannot be mastered overnight. Patience and self confidence will be very much essential here. In addition a understanding and cooperative parter will be helpful to overcome your issues.

You may benefit with a consultation with your physician or a sexologist for additional counselling and information.

I hope this information here is helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.