Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Keep thinking scary thing..

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
I keep thinking of my arms being cut off, or cut.
I don’t know why, its really scaring me. Im not mad or anything, it just keeps creeping into my head. Im so scared, I don’t know WHY im thinking about it. I don’t want to.
I think im just thinking about it because I know it scares me. I read somewhere that the brain is attracted to fear? I don’t know. Maybe that why im thinking about it.
I know it stupid. I obviously don’t want to literally cut them off.
Then I keep thinking “what if?” like what if the fear actually drives me insane and I actually do cut them off. Im so scared. Every now and then I go “ this is stupid.” And then I calm down for a bit. But then I think about it again, I get scared, and the cycle stats all all over again.
I don’t know what put it into my head. I was on the laptop one night and it just popped up. I felt really uncomftorable about it, (obviously you would) and I was like “just forget about it.” and i did. Then the enxt night it popped up again and I started getting really scared. I was thinking “you’ll forget it in te morning.” But now I keep thinking about it. I just want to forget about it and move on.
And before you say “Go see a therapist” or “go get some help” I cant, im 14. I don’t want to, It sounds really insane.

Im so scared, i just want to forget about it. I guess i just want some kind words or something.

I hope i dont freak anyone out about this. Im literally not an insane person, im not depressed, nor do i want to self harm or have done in the past. i was perfectly fine before this.

Typing it out has actually helped a lot, but i bet i'll be scared about it again tonight.
Its just freaking me out so much. Why am i thinking of it? Is there something wrong with me? Am I just being stupid?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 31st, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, how old r u
do u have siblings and their ages
what is your life like
do u do well in school
do u hear people say u r pretty
DO U REALIZE that u r too young and in-experienced to make decisions
r u willing to discuss in a conversation where u talk and others talk and u don't get mad and run away but u answer as best u can, (no one expects u to have answers)
hope to hear from u agian
|

replied July 31st, 2011
Im 14.
I realize what you;re getting at, but Im not depressed
I love my life, i have great friends. Im dont hate
how i look.
I just want to get this thought out my head.
Even when its out ym head i still feel scared?
Thank you for your answer, much appreciated.
|

replied August 1st, 2011
anyone? :/
|