Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Juvenile Arthritis, Enbrel?

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
Hi!..
- First off al I can I say a bit about my disease..
about 3 years now I have had Juvenile Arthritis and Psoriatic arthritis, First the doctors don`t understand what was wrong but since my left knee was twice as large as the right they had to drain my knee There was a lot of fluid in the knee (like gold) and then they nowed it was arthritis this was. So i was put on NSAID, now i have tried nearly all NSAID which is invented. In the start I was very afraid for medecine but my pain was so big, After over one year with NSAIDs whit no effect i was put on a lovdose Prednisone only one day after my second dose I was so good as painfree, Since the Prednisone side effects are so big I just was on it for a few days so I tried MTX (15mg,tablets) I was tired and sick and just can`t do anything many days after the dosis and Folic acidad have no effect, so after i while I get try another nausea tablet the neusea was not so big problem longer but not gone!. 5/6 months after i started with the tablets my pain was not gone so they put me on injections insted (ebetrex, 20mg) The side effects was no longer a so big problem, but I am sick almost every day but not so much but even now some monthes later I still have pain.. Im in pain every hour and every minute 365 days a year!
Sometimes i cannot even walk, go to school or what i want to its hard to not be like anyone else..

On wednesday Im going to the docter . She told me if not the medecine had worket in next time I see here I will be put on Enbrel (injections)
- Anyone who has any experience with this medication?
-but there is no guarantee that it will be Enbrel, it might be a different type medication some medication recommended to take up?

Im also have asthma..
I have arhritis in all my joints, type polyartikular ( or something like that!)

I am terrified of needles, I can almost vomit just at look at it and I cry everytime is time for a new dose of medication...
- There Enbrel in tablet form?
Did you find this post helpful?
|