Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Just want to share my feelings

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hello everyone,

I'm a 21 year old guy and I really want to share my feelings while still being anonymous. The reason I'm writing this is because the past few weeks have scared me. For example, I tried to stand as close as possible to a passing by train. It missed me by about 5 cm, people were staring at me but I just didn't care. Also while cycling I pass busy roads with my eyes closed. This all seems kinda weird, however 2 nights ago I walked away from a party and went on to go to the railroad tracks. I walked on the tracks on the middle hoping a train would pass by. As you might've guessed, none did.
A few weeks ago I wouldn't have thought I would do those kind of things, but I do. I see people passing me by in their lives, and here I am. Stuck socially, feeling empty even in times when I know it's a moment of joy. I just can't seem to experience it. However, this isn't something new. I've been feeling like this since I was 14, but it seems every problem is flowing out of me since the beginning of this year.
I've been wearing a mask that always smiled for so many years. Nobody that could comfort me, all alone in the bathroom of highschool. My parents suspected nothing and my so called 'friends' didn't care. Day by day I'm slowly dying, and I feel that day is getting really close. That's scaring me. Even when my life is seemingly going the positive way, I can't experience it. Even getting help with this is hard, not so much in actually asking, but it's been weeks since I asked for a psychologist and psychiatrist to help me. They still haven't responded. How ironic is that?

Anyways, I could go on for pages, but this should do it for now. Thanks for actually reading the post Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 21st, 2011
I've never stood close to a train, but I sometimes feel like it. I wonder what would happen if I suddenly swerved into oncoming traffic or whatever. Feels kinda weird admitting to that. I always get sick to my stomach when I think about it though, so I never come close to doing it.
|

replied November 28th, 2011
hey i know how you feel..i suffer from depression and i've thought about doing things like that before too..i'm sorry you're feeling so bad right now, but remember suicide is permanent and problems are temporary. here is a website that really helped me-metanoia.org/suicide/. i hope you get help soon and if you need someone to talk to you can email me:)
|

replied December 10th, 2011
email me
i know how you can get better, just email me.
i live in Brazil, you dont have to worry about being anonymous... please!!
|

replied December 11th, 2011
you are being passively suicidal
learning that phrase helped me
sometimes just giving something a name,
defining it can somehow help in dealing with it
i hope you have not been successful (accidentally or on purpose)
|