Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

just discovered a small hard raised lump, i'm only a teen?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I just discovered a small hard raised lump bellow and to the right of my vagina. I'm only a teenager and it's unnerving to find something like that. There is no pain when I touch it though. Any thoughts on what it might be? Is it serious? Should I tell my parents and get a doctor to look at it?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A24779
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The ‘lump’ that you describe needs to be examined. It is difficult to comment on the cause without examining it. Do not touch it unnecessarily. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for examination to look for the cause and origin of the ‘lump’ that you describe. If found to be due to infective causes, appropriate treatment would be started to help you. If the lump is due to sebaceous cyst or blocked Bartholin’s gland duct, appropriate options would be suggested to give you relief. Drink plenty of water. Avoid sweat in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments. Avoid use of tight fitting clothes.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.