Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Just been diagnosed Schizotypal - are these also symtoms?

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
Hi people - I'm from the UK and on this forum on behalf of my boyfriend - he has had so much stress trying to get himself diagnosed and treated here so he's asked me to try and find out more so here goes...Does anyone out there also diagnosed as StPD (or think they are) have any of the following (1) really awful vivid nightmares most nights - many so horrific that he won't even describe to me (2) seeing someone and being absolutely certain they recognise them even where this is virtually impossible (eg on holdiday in another country!) (3)experiencing peoples faces 'morph' into someone or something else - sometimes a known person, sometimes 'the devil' or 'something sinister'. This may be temporary or may be focused on one particular person (eg. family member or health worker) and last for longer (4) olfactory halucinations - when he is stressed his partner (ie me!) 'smells' !! (One of the doctors on here has already confirmed this can be schizzy-related). These things seem to happen more when he is stressed. Although he is relieved to finally (at age 49!) have a proper diagnosis rather than just be treated for the 'symptoms' (depression, anxiety etc) this is all very new to us so any replies will be appreciated - we realise every one is 'unique' and may not get any/all of these 'quirks' but it would be great for him to know he's not the only one! Thanks x
Did you find this post helpful?
|