Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Joint pain, headache & HIV (Page 1)

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Few months ago i had sex with my ex and the condom broke.I went and took the emergency pill to prevent a pregnancy. afer few weeks i start waking up with headaches and nothing makes them go. around same period of time i did some big house cleaning washed with cold water and keep windows open and i caught a cold . i didn't have any fever but the sore throat was on for a month.
Now i have joint paines and the constant headache. Is this a sign of hiv. I cant concentrate do anything and i am afraid of testing for hiv I had one (required by company where i work)just before the broken condom event....

thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Scotcht
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Hi ShaShara. Smile
Dont ever be afraid of the HIV test. It is so much better to know what your dealing with then to sit and wonder and worry. I understand your fear but fear is crippling and doesn't make things better. Dealing with your issue is really the only answer. I know your scared but you need not be. HIV doesn't equal death as it did many years ago. Now there is medicine you can take and other steps you can take to help you lead a normal..yes,normal...and healthy and LONG LONG life. So please, take care of this. Get tested if you think you may be positive. I have had AIDS for 15 years...probably longer as I don't know when i became infected. And I am fine. I take 1 pill a day for it and exercise and eat right and get rest. Thats it. yes So please, just get tested if you think you may be positive for HIV . It doesn't make you a bad or dirty or useless person. Its no different than dealing with diabetes or lots of other illnesses. You just have to be aware. Its not the end of your world although you may think so now. And you probably don't even have HIV. Your symptoms are not really related. headaches and muscle pain are not symptoms of HIV but it could be something else so don't rule out everything else just because you are focused on HIV. Write down ALL of your symptoms and issues and take them to your doctor or to a clinic and be forthcoming with everything. Let me know how it goes. You'll be OK.
|
Users who thank homerx for this post: Muthoni 

replied May 20th, 2011
Help
Hey I recently took an HIV test (oraquick) and they both came Out positive with both being weakly reactive( faint line) after learning this I am currently feeling sick fluish feelings but no temperature, diarrhea, and I'm scared out of my mind.. Can you please help me
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2011
I find it amazing to be able to read support like that! Very real and educated, Hope your doing great... The BOTH of you!
|

replied January 9th, 2013
Hi there I had un;erected sex 6 or so months ago with someone had no systoms till month ago which is a fairly steady headache and some joint pain nothing else please tell me do u think I have hiv
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied September 20th, 2013
hi homerx, can you help me please?
Few weeks ago i had sex with a woman and the condom broke.After few days i started feel unwell,included(flu(only for 1 day, after 2 days flu again), headache(just pain a bit),rheumatic pain at behind of neck, sore throat(but no pain, its just feel like something at throat and make me disturbands), rheumatic pain at the muscles around back bone, shoulder and arm, feel a bit tiredness and last now got a small cold sore at my lips. I didn't have any fever, vomiting or diarrhea. Is this a sign of hiv?Pls help me! I'm so afraid about I was infected by HIV. I'm sorry for my English so poor but I tried my best. Thank you!
|

replied May 26th, 2009
HIV
Homerx,
I'm glad to hear positive words from a person who has aids. I'm considering an HIV test next month. The reason is I had unprotected sex with a girl. Me too have some early HIV symptoms like
Headache and sorethroat. Anxiety is what I'm feeling
Nowadays. Who is not afraid of HIV? We all do,right? God,help us!

Anxiousguy
|
Users who thank Scotcht for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2009
Community Volunteer
No a days living with AIDS is possible and although it changes things,it isn't the end...its a new beginning..thanks for the shout out.
|

replied October 19th, 2009
Is my child at risk
Hi homerx I admire the advice you just gave, you sound like a positive person and wondering if you can help me. am feeling so paranoid and depress I went to my friends house who has aids. My son 8 years old ask for some water and was given a small bottle which was bougt by her son.so as my son had finish drinking the water I metioned about the bottled bieng small she said I bought that water to day drink some and it did tasted bad to her so she put it in the fridge. The thing is my son had lost a tooth the day before and not sure if he had cuts. Aout my friend I am not sure if she had sores or cuts in her mouth that bled . This was a month ago and its driving me crazy. Should I get him tested. please help me. I know the question might be crazy but thats how I am feeling right now
|

replied June 10th, 2010
hi drina2001 read this..

Scientists and medical authorities agree that HIV does not survive well in the environment, making the possibility of environmental transmission remote. HIV is found in varying concentrations or amounts in blood, semen, vaginal fluid, breast milk, saliva, and tears. (See below, Saliva, Tears, and Sweat.) In order to obtain data on the survival of HIV, laboratory studies have required the use of artificially high concentrations of laboratory-grown virus. Although these unnatural concentrations of HIV can be kept alive under precisely controlled and limited laboratory conditions, CDC studies have showned that drying of even these high concentrations of HIV reduces the number of infectious viruses by 90 to 99 percent within several hours. Since the HIV concentrations used in laboratory studies are much higher than those actually found in blood or other specimens, drying of HIV- infected human blood or other body fluids reduces the theoretical risk of environmental transmission to that which has been observed--essentially zero.

Incorrect interpretation of conclusions drawn from laboratory studies have alarmed people unnecessarily. Results from laboratory studies should not be used to determine specific personal risk of infection because 1) the amount of virus studied is not found in human specimens or anyplace else in nature, and 2) no one has been identified with HIV due to contact with an environmental surface; Additionally, since HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is sensitive to fluctuations in temperature and the presence of oxygen. One place that HIV has been know to survive in is drug injection syringes since these are airtight and often contain blood from the injector.
|

replied July 8th, 2010
hi
i went to jamaica and had unprotected sex with my one time boyfriend i cheated on my boyfriend one ting i regreat doing he called me and told me he has HIV sceard out of my mind i but my boyfriend at risk i waitd for 3 months to do a blood test my doctor dident call me back which is a good sigh im scearcause i did not go back and discuss anyting wit my doctor but i have headhacks and joint pain i need help
|

replied July 8th, 2010
Hiv isnt as easy to catch as people might think
|

replied July 17th, 2010
@Homer
Wow Homer, you made me feel a lot better. I posted on her earlier about my fears concerning my HIV fears. I am in a loving, committed relationship with my first love and a year ago she and I discovered she had given me herpes unknowingly. She went and had tests, all negative except herpes. No HIV according to what she told me. So since she was my only partner I figured if she didn't have it, neither did I. Now my health anxiety has been flaring up the past few months and I've thought I've had everything from aneyurisms to every type of cancer and now my mind is racing back to the HIV thing. Wondering if she really did get tested for HIV. I mean, how long is it after infection before symptoms show? I didn't start feeling sick until around 6 months or so after we found we had herpes. And I've been under loads and loads of stress.

Would love to hear your advice.
|

replied March 3rd, 2011
i'm having headach for one years now
i'm have headach geting to one year now and i'm still having this headach even till this moment,pls i want to know can this kind of headach be sign of hiv?
|

replied March 30th, 2011
ANxiety
You are suffering from anxiety, anxiety and all that does that to you go get tested so your mind can be cleared. I recommend you go find a planed parenthood place and get tested went threw the same thing so go. You are not going to get over the worries or the pain or the headaches and everything going wrong with your body if you dont go and get tested and clear your mind.
|

replied August 24th, 2011
hi, i had un protected sex with my boyfriend. He claims he is clean. Shortly after 3 weeks, i have muscle and joint pain. About a week later i have headache. it is been 3 weeks already, i am still experiencing uncomfotable feeling around my neck and pain in my arms and legs. i have already tested for hiv at week 5, it came back negative. i know this test isnt accurate at all. Deep inside my heart is telling me that i am 100% sure infected. i have never had all these pain before. i had no idea what other possible cause can make me feel like this other than HIV.. PLease help
|

replied August 24th, 2011
hi, i had sex with my boyfriend. He claims he is clean. Shortly after 3 weeks, i have muscle and joint pain. About a week later i have headache. it is been 3 weeks already, i am still experiencing uncomfotable feeling around my neck and pain in my arms and legs. i have already tested for hiv, it came back negative. Am i 100% sure infected? i have never had all these pain before.
|

replied September 18th, 2011
Experienced User
Please Help Me
I had unprotected sex back in march, and I started noticing that something is wrong with my throat, but I can't remember if it started before or after I had sex. A lot of times it feels like something is on my throat. In march I started getting headaches, and my sinuswas messed up. I thought that my sinus infection was over, but it came back worse, and my body would take spells that it would feel hot, but I wouldn't be running a fever. I took an hiv test in june or july, I think it had been 3 months, it was the oral test, and it came back negative. I'm still having problems with my throat and sinus. Every now and than I get pains in my joints in my first two fingers in both of my hands, and I've been having some muscle pains. I notice I have a little red swore on the side of my tounge that hurts sometimes....Please Help me
|

replied October 9th, 2011
HIV SCARE- PLEASE HELP!!
I have fibromyalgia n 6 months ago I had unprotected sex with a prior (and turns out current) meth user. I found out afterwards n got tested about a month later. We had had sex maybe three times n I went down (I feel so really dirty now!). He didn't ejaculate, we never finished each time (so they weren't long sessions). He claims he was tested regularly n never shared needles. Not so sure about that now. He also had a lot of tattoos which Im not sure were all done legitimately, but thankfully he wasn't in prison when he got them (as far as I know he hasn't been but I was dumb enough to believe him before). He never came, not during sex or oral but I'm so scared bc I can't tell if my symptoms are fibro or HIV. I am going to make an appt for another screen this week but in the meantime my anxiety disorder is goin berserk! Am I really worrying that much for nothing? I really would like educated feedback please, especially from medical sources. I know I need to get tested again n I definitely am, I just need some real talk right now for what I may need to start preparing for... Thank u...
|

replied October 9th, 2011
When to do AIDS Test
hi ,

I had unsafe sex last week i.e 25 Sep-2011. not sure whether I am infected or not . Is there any immediate effect of infected virus or I need to wait for three month for ELISA AIDS test . Can it be diagnosed earlier
Please advice ..

Regards
Tensed man
|

replied October 23rd, 2011
I have acute HIV symptoms
Hi!
me, like many here, have been filled with anxiety.
I had unprotected sex with a guy, he penetrated me for 1 second, but I stopped for that same reason that he didnt have a condom.
However he came in my mouth, and even though I spat his semen out of my mouth I know there is a huge risk to get infected like that.
Exactly 4 weeks later I woke up with nasal congestion and a Huge pimple in my face(although it was one and doesnt look like the maculopapular typical HIV rash)...after a few days It was getting better and then I started to have sore throat, although not strong and never felt pain when swallowing...then I it disappeaerd but next(till now) my joints started to hurt suddenly and I started to get some headache too. That is a pain I never felt before in my life...that's why I'm now 100% sure that I have HIV...I got tested a a couple of days ago (week 5) and came negative...but the test they used was one of those bands where you but your blood and wait for 15 minutes to get the result...(similar to those pregnancy tests), so, that's why I cant believe that result...something is going on my body...and I have been panic for the last few days...but I'm starting to give up hopes and face reality, that I have HIV and live as much as I can,becasue I cant believe anything else...what else cause those symptoms being in this situation?.....I guess I will need a lot of support...
|

replied October 28th, 2011
Hi,

1 Month Ago,i had 2 times in the same day with the same prostitute a 15 seconds vaginal intercourse without condom then i put the condom.The prostitute have been 6 months in Lebanon,I m so worried if i was contracted by HIV,since 2 weeks i beagan having like nettle rash that appear and disappear in different parts of the body,now after 1 month i began having flu symptoms,please help me,is it possible to contract hiv from 15 seconds intercourse ? ? ?
|

replied November 29th, 2011
hi,
i got a tattoo from my friend last month and i started feeling weird like a week after like i didnt feel hungry as much my lymphnode behind my right ear was swollen but it didnt hurt. i was wondering if it could be hiv?
|

replied April 14th, 2012
i had a protected sex with a partner i know has a been sexually active and has been having multiple partners. even though it was a protected sex, he cum inside me with the condom. two weeks after that i started to have mild fever for almost a week with pricking sensation on my muscles and joints. i'm not sure if this could be an early hiv symptom or because the day before i started to feel the mild fever and pricking sensation on my muscles and joints, i got wet with rain.

i'm confused because i only have mild fever and pain in joints and muscles and nothing else. i hope you could help me coz i'm worried.
|

replied June 6th, 2012
hi, i had un protected sex with my gf the other week. She claims she is clean. Shortly after 2 weeks, i have muscle and joint pain mainly in my arms is been 2 weeks already, i am still experiencing uncomfotable feeling around my neck and pain in my arms is it too early to have a test now? Ive never hadl these pain before. i had no idea what other possible cause can make me feel like this other than HIV.. PLease ca can you advise me. Not had any fevers or rashes just muscle ache
|
12 >>