Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Jaw pain, swollen lymph node possible, etc.

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I know I sound like a bit of a hypochondriac, and I'm okay with that, but I've been having some weird symptoms for about a month, and I'm not sure what they mean.

It all started with extreme soreness in my jaw, underneath, on the very far right, right next to my jawbone. I noticed a tiny bit of swelling, but it was not noticeable to anyone else. It doesn't appear to be growing, but right now, it's about the size of half a pea, maybe a whole pea. It doesn't move, but it's long, not round. I'm not sure if this is even my lymph node, so... yeah. It doesn't move, but neither does the one on the other side. It feels like it could possibly be a jaw ligament, but I don't know.

I've also been having vertigo. I'll be sitting down, and I'll feel really dizzy all of the sudden. Only lasts about 15 seconds. Also had major ringing in my right ear.

I quit smoking 6 weeks ago, and right after that is when all of this started.

My ear feels extremely full, like I need to yawn, I have pressure on the right side of my head, pressure type feelings in my top right jaw, and drainage.

I do not have any other symptoms of lymphoma, no fever, no sweating, no itching, nothing like that. I know you can't tell me for sure, but does this sound like it could be lymphoma? I'm kind of worried about it, but don't want to go to the doctor to find out. Does it sound like it could be something else? If so, what?

Thank you,
Ashley
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 9th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?