Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

jaw joint healing ?

Two weeks ago I was chewing gum and heard my jaw pop. My jaw seemed "out of joint" for several days. Went to the doctor, sure enough...I had popped my joint out. He said it would "pop back in" in a few days. The jaw was sore and stiff for a few days and it was hard to chew anything.

Two weeks later the muscle spasms have calmed down and the muscles around my jaw aren't as "tight" as previous, but now it feels like my jaw is overly loose. I can feel the joint moving around quite a bit when I chew. It doesnt hurt, but it just feels loose and not right.

Is it healing? I can open and close my mouth fine, but when I chew foods my jaw moves around up and down and all around and THAT'S when I can feel the jaw joint moving around. It's an odd feeling.

What is going on?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
it could be healing---in fact your body is in a continual process of trying to heal itself. you more than likely have a tough of tmj--how did this start?
|

replied May 11th, 2008
My jaw has always had a touch of the clicks, but two weeks ago when I was chewing some gum I heard (and felt) a pop.

That's when it started.
|

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
well is there anyting in the past tha tyou can remember like a car accident a bad fall etc?
|