Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

IUD moving during intercourse ?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Can the Mirena IUD be moved to an improper position during intercourse? My husband says that he can feel it and after intercourse I have severe cramping and heavy bleeding. I dont know if it is possible for him to move it or if anything can move it once properly placed at all. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2009
yes the mirena coil can move. maybe try having intercouse not so hard. it also depends on how long ago u had the coil fitted as my boyfriend could feel mine however he doesnt anymore and it is still in place.
|

replied October 14th, 2010
Isn't there a difference between the Mirena Coil and the Mirena IUD? My partner says he can feel and has even ended up with a scratch from it. We're worried that if he can feel it that well, that it's possible he may have moved it and I could become pregnant. I've had my IUD since 2007 but until recently it was never felt before.
|

replied November 5th, 2011
mirena falling out
i dont no what to do anymore ...ive been trying to get this mirena tooking out for a month now i dont have a family doctor ...im gaining weight not alot but enough i have gas if not gas diarrea...my bf doesnt wanna have sex anymore cuz the mirena is poking him in the wrong spot everytime ...im so moody ive turned into an angry person thats not me im down to earth happy ..im always tierd no matter what i do i just wanna sleep all day ...i cant get enough sweets ...i feel like im 3 mnths pregnant i can feel the hole mirena not just the strings but its wierd cuz i tried to just pull alil to c if it was styll being held in and it is ...acne is not so bad but i have it in places ive never had it before ...ive read that its possible to get pregnant with the iud i really hope not !!! can anyone tell me if they have become pregnant from this or if these side affects go away ?
|

replied February 12th, 2012
IUD
I Have a Paragaurd Iud, This is My 2nd PAragaurd That is a non Hormonal Copper Iud. The reason For me getting the non hormonal Iud is Because, I Get Severely sick When Im pregnant and Have to hospitalized. Mirena releases Hormones Just as if You were taking The pill or hormone's for Birth control. They trick your body into thinking your pregnant. Also As for Your iud Moving some movement is normal, however My last pregnancy i was 3 months pregnant and when to the hospital for pains. A Week Prior I went to the hospital for they iud falling out so i was already far along. It has been five Years now and I had it placed 4 months after i had my daughter. The Current IUD was also Lost About 4 years ago. THE doctor Said that she wanted me to take a ultra sound and it was still in Place. It may be that your string was cut too short. Its always good to check your string if you have lots of pain, don't hesitate to go to the doctor It could Puncture through your uterus and Injure a intestine of anything. But fecal material would release and Kill you. Also The pain doe's not get better . Its a good you don't Hurt When Having sex Because a poke is not as bad as it feels if it were you you would have sharp pains when you slightly move, They hurt terribly bad. Sometimes it unbearable. It does affect our sexlife. But we have been together for 8 years. Maybe for the weight gain and tiredness. Ask for a paragaurd. Good luck
|
Tags: IUD, Mirena IUD
Quick Reply