Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

itchy vagina treatment

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Lately my virginia has been itching so badly that sometimes I have to curl into a ball because it's so unbearable. I have found some cream that has helped it alot. But Im due on my period next week and Im worried about it getting really bad again then because I won't be able to put the cream on it while Im mensturating.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile deteragram
|

User Profile
replied December 2nd, 2009
Supporter
Are you itching on the inside or the outside? Itching and soreness inside the vagina or at the entrance of the vagina can indicate a yeast infection. Itching on the outside can be an entirely different matter. That could be caused by a rash or even genital crabs/ lice. I suggest you go to the doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
|

replied December 3rd, 2009
Experienced User
it's on the outside mainly at the top. And in the creses where my legs are. But it's worse at the top of my virginia.
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2009
Supporter
I don't know what could be causing that kind of irritation. Sorry. As I stated before, I think you need to consult a doctor or dermatologist.
|

replied December 4th, 2009
Experienced User
Yeah I know but I would feel worried and embarresed about getting my private parts out to show then to someone.
|

replied December 9th, 2009
Hi Frankie, I know if feels embarressing but you need to look after your health. The thing is, is that your a women and we often spend alot of our time getting our bits out for doctors! Just wait til you have a baby, thats what my mum always says when I moan.
If you dont go to the doctors then you cant get treated and you dont want that. Do you have a female doctor you can see if that makes you feel more comfortable?
Good luck hun
Sebby
xxx
|

replied December 19th, 2009
Experienced User
I've had my period and it was ok. But cream I've been putting on it has helped ALOT.
|

replied January 27th, 2010
what cream is it?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2010
Experienced User
Betamethasone is a steroid cream that helps itching on the skin associated with fungal and yeast infections of the skin. Do you have a vaginal yeast infection or do you have candida of the skin? Its a yeast/fungal infection of the skin...If so, you need a fungal cream. If you have not had a culture done, I would see a dr. and request this. If you do have it, get back with me because, I know alot about this and can help you over come it!
|

replied February 9th, 2010
I have a white thick vaginal discharge with a fishy smell or unknown smell and itching outside the vagina after discharge which outside of the vagina red.
|

replied April 12th, 2010
Itchy, Sore Vagina
I Shaved My Vagina About A Month Ago And It Didnt Start Getting Sore And Itchy Until The Next Morning. I Brought Some Creams And Also Brought Some Witch Hazel That I Heard Would Help. I Put It On Everytime My Vagina Got Itchy Or Felt Really Sore And It Seemed To Have Cleared It Up Quite Abit. The Redness Had Gone Down Alot But I Still Had Little Bumps . As It Was Getting Better I Decided To Shave It Again And Take More Time But Like Last Time The Same Thing Happend. I Am Putting Cream On But Nothing Seems To Be Working. I Have Had A Look And I Have A Little Cut At The Bottom Of My Vagina Thats Really Painfull . My Knickers Also Feel Like They Are Slicing Into The Area That Is Itchy And Sore! I Dont Have Any Smelly Discharge At All I Only Have The Small Amount Around My Cliterous. It Does Not Hurt When I Pee But Sometimes Wakes Me Up In The Night Because It''s So Itchy. I Have No Idea What This Could Be Can Anybody Help ?
|

replied October 15th, 2010
Vaginal Itching At A Young Age
my daughter's has been itchy inside. Shes a very young age and not at her period yet. shes only 10 and she doesnt feel different. whats causing this?
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2010
Experienced User
hrnewberry2000,

The only thing I can think of that would cause your daughter to be itchy internally is use of steroid like a steroid pack or antibiotics that she took withing the last few months...If she was sick and had to take these for something, that could cause it so a trip to the gyno may be needed to confirm a diagnosis..I would have her eating yogart or taking some high grade probiotics from a health food store or GNC...
|

replied March 17th, 2012
I'm only 12 and I haven't had my period yet.
My virgina is constantly itchy on the inside.
I'm always itchy but mostly in the night.my mum
Said that yogurt helps but every time I put it on
It stings and makes it more itchy!!!please help I
Can't bare it any longer!!
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2012
Experienced User
If you have a yeast infection, you can get some over the counter Monistat. Its a cream insert. There is some that is a 1 time insert and some that are cheaper that you have to use once a day for 3 or 7 days. Ask your mom to buy you some. Yogurt alone will not cure it but it is supposed to help.
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2012
Experienced User
If you have a yeast infection, you can get some over the counter Monistat. Its a cream insert. There is some that is a 1 time insert and some that are cheaper that you have to use once a day for 3 or 7 days. Ask your mom to buy you some. Yogurt alone will not cure it but it is supposed to help.
|

replied October 17th, 2012
My virginia had been itchy since I was 4. I had an injection when I was 8, and it stopped for a while. Now I get random periods (mostly at night) which it itches. Help?
|

replied October 17th, 2012
My virginia had been itchy since I was 4. I had an injection when I was 8, and it stopped for a while. Now I get random periods (mostly at night) which it itches. Help?
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2013
Experienced User
You may have a Yeast/fungal infection of the skin. A topical steroid will help relieve the itching and a topic fungal/yeast cream such as Nystatin / over the counter medicine, Lamasil, Lotramin for Athelete's foot will try to cure. You want to use something such as that daily and switch the meds up to resistance. Go to the doctor for the prescription strength creams. Testing for this issue known as Candida Albicans requires a culture done on the skin.
|

replied May 21st, 2013
Itchy sore vigina
I have a white thick vaginal discharge with a fishy smell or unknown smell and itching outside the vagina after discharge which outside of the vagina red.
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2013
Experienced User
That is a bacterial yeast infrection. You can buy a 7 day over the counter insert such as Monostat or a more expensive one that is a one a day. If you have a fishy smell, you may need to go to the doctor for anti-biotics. Also, take probiotics after you finish anti-biotics or eat some yogart daily to help put the healthy bacteria back into your body. The doctor can also give you Diflucan that will speed up that issue. Good luck to ya!
|

replied December 1st, 2013
painful, dry, irrhated vaginia.
I have a bad case of dry, painful irrhated vaginia. The out side is a dark red and has what looks like cuts up toward the top. I desided to shave and see if that might help but It seems it hasnt. Unfortunately this has been going on for a while and has been so dry that every once and a while the out side bleeds. My discharge doesn't smell. I dont know what to do. Im scared. can anyone help me?
|

replied December 1st, 2013
Community Volunteer
I think it is time to see your doctor to rule out STDs and infections, and get it treated.
|