Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Itchy vagina and anus

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
So, yesterday, when I went to bed I started itching down there. I had the same experience in May, when I went to bed the vagina lips would itch, and the anus and the area around it. If I scratched it, I would have some short relief, but it would come back later. Eventually I would fall asleep and nothing was wrong in the morning, and it ended up going away after a week. Now I have the same thing, but it's 4 pm and I still get the itching now and then, it isn't constant(I also get it when I go to the bathroom). There doesn't seem to be a rash or any other symptoms except for itching. Could it be because of my diet? I'll admit it's not the best- lots of junk food lately and I only drink about 1-2 cups of water a day. I'm also a bit underweight. Oh and I haven't seen any pin worms moving around or anything. And i'm under 18 and a virgin, so it's not STDs. And there is no discharge, also I was recently on my period a few days ago.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Changes in diet and lifestyle can affect hormonal pattern causing abnormalities in vaginal secretions and altering vaginal pH making it susceptible to infections. Drink plenty of water. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for examination and vaginal swab test to rule out chances of infection. If infective cause is detected, appropriate treatment would be started as indicated. Maintain healthy diet. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes. Avoid accumulation of sweat and moisture in the area for long period of time. Keep the area dry and clean.
Take care.

|

replied July 1st, 2012
itchy anus & vagina
i'm 17 years not a virgin & have heard unprotected sex alot.my vagina's very itchy & the anus.the doctor did no tests but said it was std since he saw some things growing in my vagina.i don't know what can i do to find some help or what to drink
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.