Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Itchy spots on ears

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Our son who is 22 has developed white itchy spots on the rim of both ears. They are not pimples or !**@!. They are just blotchy white spots. What could they be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 9th, 2009
itchy rims of ears
hi there, i haven't got an answer for you, but was wondering if you managed to find out what it was, as my 11 yr old son has just presented me with exactly the same symptons as your son
kindest regards
sarah
|

replied April 19th, 2010
white lumps/spots
How strange, my so who is 8 started to have these strange spots a week ago and is getting rather concious...i will be taking him to doctor in the morning will let u know.
|

replied April 20th, 2010
white bumps on ear rim
my son who will be 8 in August has had them for a few months... been treating them as if they were eczema with cream- but not so sure about it- will be making another trip to the doc soon!
|

replied April 21st, 2010
Covered the spots in aftersun lotion, husband said they were due to sunburn, didnt really believe him,but sure enough the next day they had gone down slightly and fading. there were getting sore an red before this, but now theyre white again and not itching. very very strange.
|

replied April 21st, 2010
I have noticed too that they come and go and somedays his ears look great and then the next they are back. I have been trying some neosporing cream to see if that heals them... son told me he picks at them during school... Hmmmm that information is helpful, I am trying every random thing in my aresenal before I head back to the doc. I thought they might be frost bite... we haven't had intense sun when they started.
|

replied April 30th, 2010
white ear spots
I just googled white spots on ears as my son also has lotss of white spots on the outer parts of his ears. They just look like nettle stings. They don''t itch but he''s getting other children asking about them. Can''t believe i''ve found other people with the same problem!
|

replied April 30th, 2010
Yes it is quite bizarre,and other kids notice them here too. Like I said before,they come and go and have not found a complete treatment for them. Will see the doctor for a check up soon and will ask about them again.
|

replied August 28th, 2011
itchy spots on ears
My 10 year old has the same problem. Very itchy spots on the rim of his ears that come and go. Has anyone found a solution?
|

replied November 1st, 2011
Hi,

I'm a 32 year old guy who has suffered from itchy white spots on the rim of my ears from the age of 7. I saw a doctor all those years ago who diagnosed 'spring ear'. It was treated with antihistamine cream. It was apparently linked to the sun (and maybe grass cutting?). Anyway, I wore a hat in the sun and with the cream, had no further problems. However, it returned last night for the first time since my youth. Treated with antiseptic cream (no other cream available!). It seems the cooling cream did the trick - no sign this morning.
|
Tags: itchy, pimples
Quick Reply