Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Itchy scrotum and penis

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
Hi. I'm a 25 year old male and about three days ago my Scrotum started to itch, not real bad at first but it has become steady worse. Now it's my scrotum and the shaft of my penis. The scrotum looks a bit red and is dry. The skin is tightening and itches badly. On the shaft of the penis there is now a light red rash that doesn't really itch much. I am not circumcised, but I have no sign of any kind of discolor or anything out of the ordinary under my foreskin or at the head of the penis. I keep my pubic hair short but I do not shave with a razor. I am very active and sweet a lot but I shower twice a day and haven't used any different soaps. I don't wear clothes more then once with out washing and I haven't use a different detergent. At first I thought it was just dry so I put moisturizing cream on but then a friend told me that I should keep dry and it was probably "Jock Itch" so I got a over the counter jock itch cream that I started using yesterday so I've using it three times now. Last night I woke up because of the itching, I washed and dried my gentiles and re applied more cream. I haven't had any sex recently so I don't believe it's sexually related. thanks for your time and please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 1st, 2012
Tried Gold Bold powder. Makes no difference.
|

replied April 12th, 2012
Did you find out how to heal it... I have the exact same thing
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2012
I'm thinking a yeast infection from sweat and bacteria. sometimes the OTC stuff isn't strong enough. Do not use irritating soap on your glans or under your foreskin, warm water only. could you have picked up something from a partner by any chance? If OTC treatment does not work, visit your doctor for a stronger medication.
|
Quick Reply