Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Itchy, rough, bumpy rash on face for 2 yrs

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
I have had a rash on my right temple for almost 2 years. It's like a bunch of little bumps that itch very often and then they get dry and flaky. My skin in the area feels like a nail file and generally thats how the entire right side of my face (cheek and temple) feels like - a nail file.

I went to the dermatologist last year we couldn't quite figure out what it was so he prescribed a steroid cream to apply and it helped with the itchiness but it didn't make it go away. I also changed my pillows and bed sheets. No solution.
Now I am thinking its a food allergy but Im not sure what! Im inclined to think its dairy product because I eat a lot of cheese and creamy dressings and condiments. However, I only get this rash no other symptoms, and lately I think some other bumps are starting to appear by my nose, and it doesn't feel or look like acne. It itches! And its making my skin very rough- at least just the right side of my face.

FYI: I have switched face wash and creams. I have always used Neutragena face wash and sunblock lotion but I decided to switch to see if it would help. During the past two months or so I have been using DDF salicylic wash and Olay facial cleanser. For the past month I switched creams, I am using Neutragena Rapid wrinkle repair for night and the day one.
For make up I have always used MAC powder and recently Physicians Formula blush because I thought the MAC blush was causing the rash.

I don't know what it is! I need help, is this a common reaction to food allergy or is it something external?
Please help, thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|