Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Itchy red spots on toes (Page 1)

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
yes i have red spots on my toes that itch like crasy they itch more at night
when im trying to go to bed Mad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sinclair311
|

replied March 29th, 2009
itchy red spots on toes
I have this same problem. Have you found out what the cause. Or how to stop it. The red bumps don't come up until I itch the crap out of my toes. Also, it seems if my feet are cold they don't do it. Only when they are hot.
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2009
I have the same and i saw this coz i wanted to see coments how to stop it. anyhow it happens from the nail then I itch and it gets all red and inflamed. also, like susangoines it only happens when hot
|

replied January 7th, 2010
red itchy spots on toes
I have them too! Small very bright red (when put in hot water) they itch like crazy and it hurts to touch them, I noticed a few weeks prior that my toe nails were extremely itchy, did I just spread the fungus or is it getting worse? They are mostly on my 1st and 2nd toes at the very top. Is it Athlete's foot or something else?
|

replied February 19th, 2010
does anyone know what this is please I am also a sufferer same syptoms asked my podiatrist but she could not see them as they only tend to come up at night when it is hot??? go figure!!!
thanks joanne
|

replied January 26th, 2012
Take a clove of garlic, chop it up and rub all over your toes before going to bed. I had the same thing but the garlic was able stop it before the itch spread out too much. I was very thankful.
|

replied February 27th, 2010
I have the same problem! It just started up one day a couple of weeks ago. At first I thought they might be some really weird type of blister, but they aren't going away. Mine also itch more at night or when my feet are really hot, like right after working out or talking a hot shower. I haven't been able to find anything to help either.
|

replied April 28th, 2010
i have what sounds like the same thing. doctor gave me stuff for athletes foot, made it worse. What the Fudge is this. Tell you what to try though,I used ''Cuticura'' hygene hand gel, try it (or similar), it''s nice and cooling and dries so doesn''t leave your toes feeling wet. it''s not a cure but does seem to help.
|

replied May 3rd, 2010
Had These same symptoms last year around this time, did some research and believed it to be a type of eczema. Was out of town during the flare-up and only had my father-in-laws medicine cabinet to try to relieve the horrible itch. Decided to try his lotrimon jock itch spray Surprised and it worked like a dream! Cooling felt great and it dried up in a day! Funny thing is, it came back a few days ago (within a few days of when it flared up last year) and the jock itch spray seems to be doing the trick again. I also tried putting my toes in dry borax a few minutes/few times a day and that seemed to help too. Funny but worth a shot!
|

replied May 5th, 2010
had my toes checked out today. CONTACT DERMATITIS. Localised allergic reaction to something exacerbated by cotton socks, footwear that makes your feet sweat, friction and heat. got a cream to deal with the spots, the dry skin and kill off any bacteria there. doctor was really cool, seemed to know her stuff. Maybe y''all should go get it checked out. i''ll let ya know if it works.
|

replied August 13th, 2010
Itchy red spots on feet
I've been suffering with the same problem as you all. I'm tired of going to my Dr's and i'm skint from all the prescriptions. I've had different Dr's tell me it's different things. I was prescribed some cream which had some form of steroid as an active ingredient. This just seemed to feed it. Another Dr told me it was athletes foot so i've spent the past couple of years applying Daktarin which works but only as a short term solution. It just keeps coming back. Hard, itchy spots which can sometimes be inflamed. I apply the cream which dries the skin around them and they come off. I thought it might be due to sweaty feet but all summer i have worn flipflops (with no exceptions) which seemed to help a little but they are back with a vengence. Please help if anyone has a solution, the itching is unbearable .......
|

replied December 6th, 2010
Chilblains
Hey everyone,

I have similar thing and it's chilblains. If it happens during winter mostly then this could be what it is for you. My feet get very cold and then as they warm up (in bed or in the shower) they itch BADLY! Rubbing in any cream might help to get the circulation flowing to your feet and try to keep feet warm and dry. If it's really awful, doctors can prescribe medicines to open up the blood vessels in your feet, apparently.

|

replied January 14th, 2011
I too suffer from the same problems. This is something that I have had for several years. I do not have a family doctor so I really, REALLY do not want to make an appointment. I feel strange anyhow to go in about red spots on my toes.

Chilblains. I never hear about that. The winter is the time when my feet act up. The first time it happened I thought it was mites. After I washed the sheets and sprayed the room, I was puzzled why the bumps did not go away. I also notice that wearing shoes makes it worse.

Thanks for the information.
|

replied January 24th, 2011
I went to the doctor today and showed him my toes. He said it is Raynaud's and it is caused by your toes getting cold so they try to hold on to more blood. In turn that makes your toes swell in turn itches and some spots isolate the irritation which causes spots. He suggested that I put on two pairs of socks and try keeping my feet extra warm. And it is winter here I have not had the problem for quite a while.
|

replied January 25th, 2011
I had the same problem, but after doing some research on a couple of foot health websites (fantasticfootcare.com ex) and doing a doctor call up I found out it was nothing serious. You should call your doctor too
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2011
I'm having the same issue. I have to ask though, are these red spots tiny, like if from the prick of a needle? Cause mine are TINY. If that's the case, then yeah, I KNOW I've got the same thing. It's in my hands too though, but without the red spots. Any ideas? Could my hands be unrelated, but similar?

rainbow rainbow rainbow rainbow rainbow rainbow rainbow
|

replied March 18th, 2011
Atheletes foot!!
It's called "atheletes foot" people!! Foot powder for atheletes foot will clear it right up as well as a spray. Jock itch spray and vaginal cream for yeast infections cures it too!! We know it in the US to be called atheltes foot but I know other countries out there have no clue what this is as I have leived over seas before. It's a fungus that is easily cured with over the counter foot care products. In the US I have seen these simple cures sell for $1.00!!
|

replied November 1st, 2011
i have used athletes foot spray for the past 4-5 years and it still keeps coming back and stays all winter no matter how much athletes foot spray i have sprayed on my feet. I have even changed socks up to three times a day to ensure that I have dry socks while using the spray. So, no the over the counter athletes foot spray does not work on mine, and if you read earlier comments, you would see that other people have tried athletes foot spray and it hasn't worked for them either. So, it may not be athletes foot spray considering i have used every over the counter brand that excists.
|

replied March 25th, 2011
I had these for about 3 years. Went to a couple of doctors who tried aqueous cream and athletes foot cream. These did nothing so they basically said "Just put up with it".

Finally tried "daktarin" (which is similar to athletes foot cream). Took 3 weeks to work but they've gone and not returned for a year now. Used to itch my feet so desperately it drew blood.
|

replied April 2nd, 2011
Hi all , thanks for all your helpful info.I too thought this was athletes foot,used all the creams but no luck! The other day in desperation I looked in the medical cabinet and reached for anything I could.I found witch hazel..applied it and now 3days later they have almost all but gone and no itching!!!!!!!!! try it..it has worked for me
|

replied April 10th, 2011
chilblains
hello everyone, after seeing several different doctors for the same exact problem and none of them giving me the correct diagnoses i found what the problem is online at WebMD.com ... chances are you all also have what i am certain i have ... Chilblains! it's late and i'm tired but go ahead and look it up there's good info on the net. take care! (athletes foot? seriously?) i read creams help to stop the itch and they should go away after 3-4 weeks. don't scratch too hard or they can get infected. a steroid cream may help them heal. advil for pain. hope everyone feels better.
|

replied April 10th, 2011
Wow Kar20...you could have soemthing there!
I looked Chilblains up on the net ...and guess what ..it said...

'Witch hazel is good and is often used to soothe chilblains'

Maybe this is why mine have now all gone!..
Hope others try it and get better soon!
|

replied April 21st, 2011
I have the same thing. Its never happened before and Im 28. Freaked me out at first, thought it was an infection or something. Until it persisted for weeks and now a couple months. It started in the dead of winter and i live in northern climate AND my feet can get really cold. Maybe that all has something to do with it. Weird. very wierd. Thanks everyone... i think i have the answers i need tho Smile
|
12 >>
Tags: itchy, red spots
Quick Reply