Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Itchy red rash in pubic area

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I was checked for STD's in Nov. I was clear of everything. I have had sex several times this week with a girl I dated for a brief time last year. About two days after our first intercourse, I noticed some small red bumps just above my penis in the pubic area. They are very small (rash like), and only 1 or 2 are even big enough to have an actual head. It does itch, but nothing serious. I popped one yesterday that had a hair coming out of it. I'm no doctor, but it seemed to be an ingrown hair. I have never had any STD's. As far as I know she has not either. Could this just be from me not having sex for a couple months, then pretty much running a marathon over night?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper WM
|

replied January 31st, 2009
Could be folliculitis (no idea how to spell it). It happens when something gets into the hair follicles and it gets infected. It tends to happen in moist areas like the armpit and pubic area. If that's what it is, it's no big deal but you will need antibiotics because it will get worse if you don't treat it, as there is an infection there.
|

replied February 9th, 2009
It was Folliculitus (sp). No big deal, had it treated with anti-biotics. It's gone now.
|

replied August 1st, 2011
It could be the start of genital warts or herpes. Sometimes the first sign is like a zit that doesn't pop but more like ooze infectious stuff. Just be aware
|

replied August 1st, 2011
It could be the start of genital warts or herpes. Sometimes the first sign is like a zit that doesn't pop but more like ooze infectious stuff. Just be aware
|

replied December 18th, 2011
I'm having a similar problem, I had sex about 2 days ago, and the morning after I found a red rash on my pubic hair. I find that it's more on the pores of the hair. I ofcourse used a condom during intercourse but I did not while she was preforming oral on me.
|