Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

itchy red quarter size mark with small white bumps?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I have a itchy red quarter size mark on my back with small white bumps inside it. Anti itch creams or benadryl dont seem to be helping it go away i have had it almost 2 wks now and its just the 1 spot but it is getting larger around. I keep a band aid over it (or i will keep on scratching it)

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2011
Skin Answer A28877
Hello,

Welcome to the forum and I am glad to help you out. From the symptoms the possibility of granuloma annulare needs to be ruled out. Granuloma annulare consists of reddish bumps arranged in a circle or ring which are itchy.

Usually it is asymptomatic but due to cosmetic disfigurement topical or oral steroids may be needed. I suggest you to discuss this possibility with your dermatologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.