Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Itchy red bumps all over body (allergic reaction?)

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
User Profile
This has been going on for about 3 months now. First sign was when one night I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to long welt like scratches in between my thighs. Around 3 per thigh. They were itching like crazy. I thought the cat may have scratched me, but the next day they were completey gone. The next few days they would show up out of nowhere mainly at night. They would start and stop within an hour and be completly gone. I made the cats stay outside thinking that was it. It actually did stop for a few weeks. Now they start as small flesh colored bumps and cover my entire body except my head, face, neck, feet & hands. They burn and itch REALLY bad. I recently started laying in the tanning bed and it seemed to trigger it. So the last time I layed in it I didn't use any lotion and within 2 min of tanning I begin to feel like someone was poking needles all over my body. I got out and within an hour my body was covered again but this time it lasted from 4-11pm.

Note: I have not changed my laundry soap or ate anything differently in this time. It doesn't happen after I eat or any thing like that. It happens now at all different hours. I have pics that I took last night, that I'm taking to the allergists tomorrow. I just want to know if anyone has any info about this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy

replied December 23rd, 2011
I am having the same symptoms too, and I also started getting into the tanning bed and using a different tanning lotion. Did they ever say if it was because of you getting into the tanning bed?
|

replied December 1st, 2012
re: itching red bumps everywhere that can burn sometimes
bon jour, are there any updates from either of you or anyone else on this. The 1st lady exactly described what is happening to my son. Its started in the crotch region and got so bad....let's just say it was bad. and now they spread all over and trigger at different times; seeming to get intense at night No change in diet, changed laundry to no foo-foo smell or anything (just plain detergent) . DR. prescribed clotrimazole/Betamethasone Dipropionate cream, but son says it burns and makes it worse.

i'm just now finding out about all this for some reason, so naturally, i church things up a bit and start some of my own tests since the Dr. seems to be indifferent, ineffective or just plain dumb. So i made 3 test areas on his body that itched like crazy. TO target sample 1, applied thin layer of simple CVS lotion with Pro-V B5, Vit E & A (he helps with itching) and he started to see immediate effects which were relief. Next in sample 2 area, applied a couple dabs of equal parts baking soda and water. Nothing but then began to feel burning. Neutralized and removed ointment. Lastly tried solution of equal parts vinegar and water and had same effec as baking soda. Diluted with a little water running over area and didn't work. Neutralized area and flushed all 3 areas with water.

Determined that the lotion from CVS was best immediate relief for him at the moment.

So what is it that these people are getting?
|

replied July 22nd, 2013
I may have found my answer
I too have red itchy spots and some are in long lines. I tried everything. . Different detergent. Different diet. Lotions. Creams. Body wash.. I couldn't figure anything out and either could the doctor.. I seriously went 9 times in a 7month span to try and fet rid of these things. I did find the scabies medicine they gave me got rid of them but found out I'm allergic to the medicine and it gave me hives. But it only got rid of them for about a week or two and they came back. So at the moment I'm on prednisone 40mg a day for them and its actually working.. no more itching (so far).. but then again I'm still taking the medicine.. so we will see.. all I kno is its so nice not to have to scratch and bleed all the time anymore...
|

replied July 22nd, 2013
I too have red itchy spots and some are in long lines. I tried everything. . Different detergent. Different diet. Lotions. Creams. Body wash.. I couldn't figure anything out and either could the doctor.. I seriously went 9 times in a 7month span to try and fet rid of these things. I did find the scabies medicine they gave me got rid of them but found out I'm allergic to the medicine and it gave me hives. But it only got rid of them for about a week or two and they came back. So at the moment I'm on prednisone 40mg a day for them and its actually working.. no more itching (so far).. but then again I'm still taking the medicine.. so we will see.. all I kno is its so nice not to have to scratch and bleed all the time anymore...
|

replied August 19th, 2013
help !!!
Woke up with red itchy bumps all over my body never had chicken pox throat is itchy I put calamy lotion all over my body washed my bed sheets took a bath in hot water idk what is going on I start school next week. What should I do this is my second time getting this?????
|