Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

itchy red blotches on skin

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
for about two years i have been getting these big red blotches on my stomache, chest and back and sometimes my neck everytime i would sweat, take a shower or any other moisture in contact with my skin. They apear in random spots every time and They really itch. i did go to a doctor once but she gave me tiny pills that didnt help and she didnt answer my questions clearly. What are these? are they possibly an alergy from moisture?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile pinktoes
|

replied September 11th, 2009
It's possible that it's from the chlorine in your shower. I had a similar problem and after a week with the chlorine filter on my shower I could sweat without it burning and itching and leaving big red blotches. After just two days I quit getting the red spots from the shower so I think the chlorine builds up in our system and once it's gone you will be very happy. Try a shower filter, I prefer the vitamin C shower filter because it's all natural and the vitamin C is also good for our skin. I wrote a testimonial about what the chlorine does to us at chlorinefreeshower.info. Good Luck
|

replied September 12th, 2009
Experienced User
it could be a fungal infection or rash. can be caused by sweat or public swimming pools. im no expert but if its a fungal rash usually the dr can perscribe cream for it and it goes away in no time.

maybee c another doctor some are better than others!
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2009
thanks for your coments! Ill try a shower filter and if it doesnt work i might just go to another dr to see if it really is a fungal infection EEPS i hope it wont. i hope the shower filter works.
|

replied August 8th, 2012
Iv juat been to the doctors for the same thing, turns out to be an alergie to wash powder or shower gel. As i brought some cheap shower gel the other day! Id recommend to use simple shower gel amd to stand in a cold shower it takes the itchyness away
|

replied June 3rd, 2013
Out of the blue i started to itch on my back, neck, and stomach, then i took a warm shower and after i got out i realize i had big red blotches over my back, neck and stomach. What could this be? I know i use some cheap body spray a few days ago, could this have cause it.
|