Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Itchy painful pimple-like bumps, constant clear discharge

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I'm a 24 year old sexually active female. Earlier this week, around the start of my period, I developed some serious itching around my vulva. The itching turned to severe pain, and when I looked at it a few days later, I had developed several pimple-like bumps all over my vulva, particularly around the bottom near my perineum. Most of them have whiteheads. They are not overly swollen. They don't have a red base or ring and aren't crusted over or in clusters (so I don't think it's herpes). I've been checking every day, and there seem to be more of them. This morning I noticed that in some areas (one between labia minora and majora and one right at my perineum), there is a spread out, flat-ish, kind of plaque-like lesion also. They are all extremely, extremely painful. I've also been having constant clear odorless discharge. It's mostly watery with a bit of mucus. I'm not sure if it is coming from my vagina or from the bumps, but I have to change my underwear almost every hour or so. Also now there is pain/discomfort with urination. It feels like there is a small obstruction almost when I urinate.

A few weeks ago, I thought I had a yeast infection. Unfortunately, I have been living paycheck to paycheck and could not afford treatment. I have a new boyfriend that I have been sleeping with, monogamously. We have been having pretty rough sex. Could this be a cause? He is going to get an STD panel done, but he isn't showing symptoms of anything.

I've been doing hot compresses several times a day. I also tried hydrogen peroxide and neosporin ointment. The pain is nearly unbearable, particularly at night and it itches a lot. I can't see a doctor until Monday, and I'm not sure how I'm going to get through the next 2 days. I have never had anything like this before. I've never had an STD. I get a pimple once in a while here and there down there, especially when I shave (I have stopped doing this for the past few years and only trim now). I'm a very clean person and take care of myself pretty well down there. I don't have health insurance right now, and have very little money for treatment/medication. I'm really, really scared. Does anyone else have this problem or know what it is?
Did you find this post helpful?
|