Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Itchy moles

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
I had an itchy mole on my lower back that I saw my doctor about a few months ago. He said it looked fine and didn't think there was anything to worry about. He said I could get it removed to be on the safe side. I didn't make the appointment to get it removed... partly because he didn't seem that bothered about it, and partly because I've had some problems with the doctor that does the removals.

This past week or two, some of the other moles in the region near the orignal itchy mole, are itchy. They're not big moles and not black or anything. The main thing is just that they are so itchy. a couple of them feel like they are a bit dry. Apart from that, there's not much else wrong. One of them though does have a pale pink ring around it, which is worrying me.

I'm planning on calling the doctors tomorrow to try and get them removed... but I'm really scared now. I'm posting because I'm a real worrywart and I am terrified that this is worse than it looks.

What is the likelihood of moles being cancerous? And how quickly do the stages pass by? Also, I've read on various articles etc. about the stages and a lot of them say something about "ulceration". I know what an ulcer is, but I'm not sure what exactly it means in terms of moles having ulceration.

I could really use some help and reassurance. Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2009
itchy moles
hey im sure it will be fine but its best to get a 2nd opion if you are not happy with your docters..i had the same problem and it was because i had been in the sun and they started to dry out and got really itchy...but if they are changin colour and by the sounds of it you are very worried make a appt to at least put your mind at rest

hope you get sorted

denise
|
Did you find this post helpful?