Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

itchy mole on back

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
for about 2 weeks now i have had one spot on my back that itches so bad i can't stand it, I notice dwhen i was in the shower it was a bump. When i got out of the shower I thought it might be a pimple, so I looked and it is a mole, should I have this checked out for cancer?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Have someone in your family take a look at this mole...See if it is circular or uneven in shape...If it is brown does it have some color in it?...Very often pink or reddish...Is it getting bigger?..If you are in doubt have a doctor take a look at it....Another thing you can do is to google Melanoma...There you will find an assortment of photos of this disease...Study them....Make yourself aware of what they look like so that you are able to check your body over in the future....But, do have someone check your back....Good luck....Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?