Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Itchy legs? Have seen a dermatologist, nerve damage?

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi, I'm 20 years old, and I've been experiencing extremely itchy legs for about the past 5 months now, I've been to a dermatologist and they told me to try some different things for ezcema, I've tried they haven't helped. I don't have a rash or anything, so she wants me to see a neurologist, and thinks maybe it's somehow nerve damage, I'm going to my doctor in a few days for a 2nd opinion before I go to the nuerologist, but does anyone have any other ideas of what this may be?

-no rash, I'm on zrytec for my allergies (and my doctor had prescribed an additional antihistamine that didn't help)...I'm also on adderall which I've tried not taking for a few weeks at a time, so it's not that.

-I've tried different ezcema creams, like sarna etc. and they give me mild relief for a few minutes then it goes back to itching. I feel like I'm going crazy. Help! Thanks so much! Smile
Willing to try anything! Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 22nd, 2012
Experienced User
hi there
Maybe your doctor thought that you have neurodermatitis ,usually in people who has alot of stress and always thinking ,they will itch their leg specially right leg if you are right hand and vice versa.so if you have stress and you are over thinking maybe the cause is that.
|
Did you find this post helpful?