Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Itchy Labia?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I am 19 years old and have been sexually active for about three months. The partner I usually sleep with has had a lot of sex partners but often gets checked and we always use a condom. I have slept with one other person, but we also used a condom. However, yesterday and today I have noticed redness and itchiness on my labia minora and surrounding my vagina. There were red spots around my vagina yesterday, but these seem to have disappeared and now just my labia minora is ultra-itchy, but the appearance is no different to usual. I am extremely careful about protection during sex - could this be an STD or does it sound more like a yeast infection or something? If so, are they easily cured? Can a girl catch an STD from a guy giving her oral?

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 10th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy

replied April 10th, 2011
Thanks for all that - I went to my GP about it and she said there was probably nothing to worry about as just itchiness by itself is not a symptom for anything. But I was about to make a booking about it at an STI clinic when my usual partner called me up and said he got tested positive for gonorrhoea. So I'm being treated for that today Sad
|