Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Itchy/Burning Vagina When I shower-Wet Panties Help!

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hello,
Okay, So i have a alot of vag itching, its not everyday but it happens more often than not, and when it happens I can't help but scratch cause it itches sooo much.When I shower while my vag is itching, i found myself i guess rubbing to hard, i assume thats what causes vag burning,it feels like I have like open sores on the enter walls of my vagina, causing me to not really be able to shower correctly which more often than not leads to smelly vag throughout those days :-/. So can anyone give me any helpful hints to stop the vag itching??

Also, I find my panties are always wet. Idk if its bcause i don't dry myself good enough or what? Does anyone know why that might be?

idk if this matters or not but im not sexually active but i do have my period.

~Your Comments are Well Appreciated~
-unless your are rude, in which case you shouldn't say anything-
Ok gosign lol
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Your symptoms could be due to vaginal dryness, chemical irritation, or due to the soap use and rubbing you do while showering. Hot water can also increase the dryness making your symptoms worse. Try having bath with lukewarm water. Visit your gynecologist for a thorough examination to determine the exact cause (infection, inflammation or allergic) and get started on appropriate treatment as suggested by examination and vaginal swab/smear test result. Drink plenty of water, avoid douching, use of harsh soap and perfumes. Use loose cotton undergarments.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.