Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Itchy bumps with clear liquid

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
i have bumps filled with clear liquid that vary in shape. They are very itchy. i have them on feet and hands now. If i do not pop them they gradually get bigger and form a honey comb effect of bumps(bubbles). I have tried cream after creams to no avail.it is getting worse and the itching is unbearable. I have popped and peeled the skin around it and inside it is crazy red and seperated into sections. I have also noticed that when a bump pops by themselves the bumps spread at a rapid rate. I'm concerned it might be contagious and don't know what kind of precautions to take for myself as well as my family.Please if anyone has experienced the same thing or knows about it please respond.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2010
Skin Answer A12296
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

From the description, it seems to be dermatophytid. This is a fungal infection which can result in the production such vesicles which are intensely itchy.

The treatment consists of applying an anti-fungal ointment like miconazole and you should get a good relief from the same.

I must admit that it is not possible to make an online diagnosis and for the same you’re requested to contact a dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.