Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

itchy bumps on penis

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
hello im 17 years old an ive had sexual contact with a few girls an ive noticed red itchy bumps on my penis i picked the bumps in the shower an a clear bloody liquid came out can i get an answer to what it could be the bumps have a scab on them an are still big bumps
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the ‘itchy bumps on penis’ and other symptoms that you describe without examining you. Infective causes cannot be ruled out completely. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Consider visiting your doctor/urologist at the earliest for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment measures as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be suggested to help you. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/urologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.