Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Itchy bump on labia

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I have an itchy bump on the labia. I am not sexually active. There is no way it can be an STD. I can't switch my insurance until September and I refuse to be seen by my current doctor. I would just like to know what it could possibly be. I don't care if there are like twenty different things. I am just not getting any information anywhere and if I call my doctor and tell her about it she will want to examine and I don't feel comfortable with anyone other doctor than the person I have seen my whole life. We had to switch from them because the hospital no longer excepts my insurance but now that I am turning 19 I will need to see a gynecologist regularly. But as I said I can't switch until September. It is only one bump I am heavy set so I can't see anything to tell you if it is any color or what not. It itches I noticed it while going to the bathroom it doesn't hurt when I pee it gets irritated when I wipe though. And it randomly itches. I noticed it like three days ago.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2009
Community Volunteer
It could be an ingrown hair...those can be extremely itchy or painful. It could also be a boil or a pimple. The natural acids and salts in your urine can make the itchiness more noticeable when you urinate. I know you are reluctant to see any other doctors, but it is important to get a definitive diagnoses, and that is something you or us on this forum just cannot do. We can suggest to you what it might be but since posting a pic of your labia is out of the question on here and since you yourself cannot see this bump, a diagnosis, even from a doctor on this forum, would be impossible. Only a physical examination can determine what the bump is.
|

replied April 26th, 2012
Itchy labia with bump, no redness no swelling
It sounds like I have this exact same problem! What did you find out? My doctor saw me yesterday and said I have vulvar vastibulitus but when I got home and looked this up it says that itching does not occur with this condition. I'm frustrated because itching IS my entire problem! There is a small bump on the outer left side of my labia and it itches intensely at random all day long! For 3 months now I've suffered from this. There is no redness or swelling and I'm wondering could it be V.I.N.???

I should probably add that the doctor tested for yeast infection and said she didn't not find any yeast infection.
|

replied June 1st, 2013
Itchy bump on labia
I have the same thing and DID go to the doctor...who looked at a different bump I had (cellulitis or an abcess) and gave me antibiotics. He said that would clear up the other bump and never even looked at it. Well it didn't...and that was several months ago.
|