Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

itchy arms feel like they are sunburnt and tight

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have suffered for the last 2 years from itchy arms more so when i get warm, but some days my arms feel like they are sunburnt and tight, when they itch i end up with sores and in the hight of the summer i look like i self harm because i am covered in scabs, I have to have a fan on me at night to help to reduce the itch and the bedding ends up with blood on it by the morning where i have scratched myself in my sleep. The G.P has done blood test and said that i am allergic to timmy gress but i am sure there is something else as this goes on all year round. I have had so many antihistamines and steroids and creams but none ever appear to work, the more i touch my arms the worse they are,
at the moment i take 4 allergy relief tablets a day but it does say 1 in 24hrs but i find 2 in the morning and 2 at night does help but i have to keep myself cool, but i look a bit of a fool walking round with my arms uncovered in winter,please could you give me any help???
Did you find this post helpful?
|