Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Itching vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I have noticed that over the past half year, every now and then-- maybe a a month or two apart, my vagina will start to itch and burn a little for a few days, and then go away. It is SO annoying I have no idea what it is and I thought it might have been a yeast infection, but it doesn't burn when I pee and I don't have that thick discharge or anything. I don't have a doctor here where I just moved to, so I really need to find out what is going on because I'm just nervous it might be something serious, or maybe not hopefully.

If you can let me know what this might be I'd appreciate it!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mayd2629
|

replied January 12th, 2011
hello.. I was experiencing the same thing. and my close friend too.. so we both went to the doctor. She had some infection couldn't remember what that is, i think candida albicans? they gave her antibiotics. To me, the doctor did not gave any medications. I am using a feminine wash everyday and the doctor told me to use it just twice a week. Because feminine wash kills all the bacteria even the good ones. So the normal micro flora in our vagina is lost. We need the good bacteria that serves as our protection too. and i am whenever i have period i cut the sides of my napkin. The excess part of it makes my vagina itchy too. So it helps a lot if cut that out. just sharing maybe it could help =p
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply