Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

itching, tingling, stinging, burning in upper r arm

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
2 yrs. ago I noticed I was bit twice on my upper right arm. I then had severe itching a few more dots appeared. The itch was all consuming then the area would burn, tingle and sting. The condition would come and go - then it began on my other upper arm. I have had x-rays, EMG, seen a dermatologist and was put on neurontin - which helped. Things cleared up and then again I began with the same cycle over again. What can this be? I can't sleep at night when my itchiness begins
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper njsheerin
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
repetitive itching, tingling, stinging, burning in upper arm
I had a bite of some kind about a year ago on my upper arm (deltoid -- in front of the tricep area) which triggered what I would call a histaminal itching and burning in the upper arm in a centric area around the bite, lasting for a couple of months (in waves of itching and buring each day) and eventually fading. Now, some months later, it has recurred with exactly the same sensation, an itchy burny feeling with a pinpoint centre as if the sting had happened again in exactly the same spot. What could this be. Why did it last so long. Why is it recurring in exactly the same fashion iwht almost the same sensitivity?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply