Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

itching on top of vagina

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have what appears In the beginning to be like an infected hair and It has a hard lump under the skin that Is very sore and itches like mad,the more I scratch the more It itches and of course I scratch until It Is raw.Sometimes It feels like I can feel something moving under the skin but there isn't anything there except a couple of the places Not all the time but a couple of the places look almost like a ringworm but I don't think that Is what It Is. This Is on the mound of my Vagina and on the inside of my leg. Right before this started I went to the dr. with a staph infection, could this have something to do with that.I have had this for about 4 months now and It isn't getting any better .
Thanks for reading
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2009
Supporter
From the symptoms you have given, it sounds like it could be ringworm. Ringworm in the groin area is called tinea cruris or jock itch. (Yes, females can get it too.) Have you tried over the counter medication for ringworm? If not, I suggest you do so.
|

replied May 14th, 2009
Thank you I will try treating It for jock Itch .I will let you know the out-come
|