Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Itching in urinary tract

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I'm a 46 year old male and I recently had unprotected sex where the woman I had intercourse with could discharge a lot of fluid during sex. The next day o I noticed a slight itch tingling just inside the tip of the penis and down a little bit inside.
I was worried about an STD and went to the urologist. The urine test came back negative but the doctor had started me on doxycycline for 10 days. The condition did not go away, He gave me two more medications and the condition has not gone away. I went back for a second urine test and that also came back negative for any STD's
I posted on another site a doctor suggested it may be an infection by a protozoa called trichomonas. I went for a 3rd urine test and it also came back negative.
Recently I thought it was starting to fade away and resurfaced stronger. The itch at the beginning was sporadic and was not that strong now it is more constant and stronger. it seems to be aggravated after ejaculation.
Any suggestions would be helpful. Is this an STD a UTI or nothing. It seems to coincidental to have it appear the day after having unprotected sex where this woman could ejaculate a lot of fluid! Help.
thank you
Michael
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 1st, 2012
Same problem, same situation. still unknown of what has caused this.let me know if u figured it out. Going 5 months strong.
|

replied November 1st, 2012
Long story short I had to go on a long treatment of a med, the name escapes me but it was something very strong that I read about on another site and is used to treat Prostatitis. The symptoms took a while to go away but finally did.
The hard part was convincing the Urologist I had an infection. Good luck
Michael
|