Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

Itching anus

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Right, seeming as this is a medical forum, I'm not going to lie about anything here.
I have been suffering from anal itching for about 2 or 3 weeks now, at the start I had severe pain in bowel movements and there was a bit of blood afterwards. I'm 15 and I suffer from psoriasis but not severly. There also seems to be some secretion around my anus around the time it iches.
There doesn't seem to be any sign of threadworm so what could it be! Please help it's driving me mad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tedthefarmer
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2008
Supporter
To soothe itchy skin, you can try cold compresses, lotions and lukewarm baths. Avoid scratching, wearing irritating fabrics and high heat and humidity. Most itching is not serious. Hydrocortisone cream is also available with or without a prescription and you might try a low-strength preparations (0.5% or 1%) for the temporary relief of itchy anal and rectal areas. However, if you itch all over, have hives that keep coming back or have itching without an apparent cause, you might require medical attention.
|

replied November 28th, 2008
Experienced User
I would agree with using hydrocortisone cream. I have used this in the past when I have had an itching anus as well. A friend told me about it and it has always worked for me.

Wendy
|

replied November 29th, 2008
Well I have some hydrocortisone creams for the psoriasis and what not, just want to check this up, is elecon a hydrocortisone cream or not? Before I use it, it might help to know
|

replied November 29th, 2008
Experienced User
That I'm not sure about, as I don't have a tube around at present, but I know that I have just bought it off the shelf without any prescription and I usually get the generic brand of hydrocortisone cream. I have to say that it has always relieve the itch from my anus.

Wendy
|

replied November 30th, 2008
Well thanks, I'm sure I'll have some Hydrocortisone around somewhere, used to have a bit of eczema here and there.
|

replied November 30th, 2008
Experienced User
Well tedthefarmer, I hope that it helps to relieve your itch. I know from experience that an itching anus and/or butt crack that be very annoying and distracting in trying to get through the day.

Please keep me posted as to whether this helps with your anal itch. If you need to discuss anything in more detail you can always private message me.

Take care,

Wendy
|

replied February 4th, 2012
Desoximetasone
Hey there. I have had itchy anus on and off for months. My doc put me on Desoximetasone cream at .25%. This stuff works great, but I can't seem to stop using it. If I do it comes back.

I am out of this now, and man it has come back in a big way. For the first time ever the itch isn't just in the anus, but up to a couple of inches in circumference around it. The pharmacy has to call the doc for a refill which will be a few days.

I already have some hydrocortisone but it's 2.5% which seems really high. Is this safe to use? I have no way of getting out tonight and I really want to do something now as I am in pain. Otherwise I will get out tomorrow to get a lower dose.
|