Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

It's too hard to eat normally!! Malnourished?

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I can't stop. It's this whole cycle. It's too hard to eat. I just don't know what to do. I won't eat for a while, but after a couple days I can't stand the feeling and binge and purge.

It's too hard to eat. And it's too hard to keep any food down. I don't wanna do this anymore. I just want an easier way to stay healthy.

I've already been inpatient twice, where I was forced to gain a lot of weight. (I gained so much soo fast.) And now I'm not severely underweight, but I still struggle with eating normally.

My outpatient doctor told me to follow a meal plan. I can't. It's too difficult. I can't follow it...I can't bring myself to eat all of that. And one time I did try the meal plan out for a day, and I gained 3 pounds in a day. I just don't wanna do this anymore. Is there an easier way to get nutrition? My doctor told me that I'm malnourished. He says even though I'm not that thin (I'm just slightly underweight) , he says all my symptoms such as no energy, being cold, feeling faint, etc, are caused by not eating the right foods and eating enough. And plus throwing up what I eat only makes it worse.
I just want to know what I can do! Is there any easier way to go about not being malnourished and getting all the nutrition and feeling healthy without difficult meal plans? I wish there was like a magic pill that I could take once a day and I wouldn't have to touch food at all, but I'd get everything I'd need lol. But that's not gonna happen...I just can't do this without feeling crazy every time I eat a bite of food. Yeahh, it's either remain in control and don't eat it, or feel driven by some machine to just eat as fast as I can even though I'm not even hungry. I hate the whole food thing. I don't know why me of all people have to have this whole problem with food.

I don't know what to do. Please help me if you can...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2010
i have the same problem i just cant eat! i havnt seen a doctor yet im far to scared. i dont binge thou im to scared that if i did i wouldnt be able to purge it all out again. i starve myself and when i do eventually eat i cant bear 2 go other 300 cals and even that is a struggle i havnt gone over 200 the past few days.i have to excerise if i eat no matter how weak i feel. i know its bad for me to say but i think you need to tell your doctor that the meal plans are to much for you. have you tried making your own meal plan? 'safe' foods i hear really help poeple with ed cos you dont panic im yet to find mine. but make sure you see your doctor and tell them the truth!
|

replied September 24th, 2010
Experienced User
hi, it sounds like that you are strugaling with the sicological side of belimia in you conting destructive relationship with food. as another who strugles with binging i sugest you try to eat a little at reguler intervals, full meals can be a long tern project not intant.
try to have food reom all the food groups but a little at one time you may find it easer to have one ot two food groups each time you eat. also start with your safe foods and work towords a varied diet.

it would be a good idea however to ask your docter to refer you for councling to work through your relationship with food and the binge trigers, untill you have identified these and delt with watever the undering course of the problem is it will be very difficult to brake the cycal. it may well help if you can find a friend or relation who is willing to work closly with you and suport you in resiting the erge to binge or beeing there if you slip up.

you realy need some help to adress the underling isues to make a full recovery, otherwise it is papering over the crakes and it will not lead to a full recovery. if you want to talk just message me.
|

replied December 30th, 2013
Thyroid disease or Celiac Disease could be the underlying issue
Maybe it's not an eating disorder as much as something simple as Thyroid Disease or Celiac Disease where you should try cutting gluten out of your diet. Try getting tested for these because those symptoms you describe are also symptoms for other issues. I, too, have a hard time eating. I feel bloated all the time, gassy and just have the most difficult time eating. Thyroid disease and celiac disease run in my family and causes so many issues so I am going on a gluten free diet. Don't cut food out completely- just take notes of what you do eat and how you feel. A food journal and share it with your doctor. Bring up some possibilities and just keep searching. If you're not trying to look "thin" or trying "to lose weight" well maybe it's something else??? That's just my opinion. Good luck, keep trying to find a solution because you don't want to stay stagnant. Trust me I did and nothing changed.
|

replied December 30th, 2013
Re: It's too hard to eat normally!! Malnourished?
ellen_adel808 wrote:
Is there any easier way to go about not being malnourished and getting all the nutrition and feeling healthy without difficult meal plans? I wish there was like a magic pill that I could take once a day and I wouldn't have to touch food at all, but I'd get everything I'd need lol.

Also, a magic pill that can and will help is a Daily Vitamin! Make sure to take this with some food or you will be nauseous. Also, that was a question of mine...do you feel nauseous every time you eat??
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2014
I don't know if I have an eating disorder, but I know that find it difficult to eat. I'm not aneroxic or nothing I do eat just not when I'm hungry because food makes me nausious. It sort of just comes and it goes depending on whats going on in my life. I am what is considered underweight for the state that I live in. I am 107lbs 5'7. But my whole family is thin. I just don't find pleasure in eating any more. I find it dfficut to eat when I'm hungry I don't know why, but I do. And no I have never intensinally thrown up food Infact Im terrified of throwing up and I always try to prevent it.
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2014
The post has become too old to comment but I would like to comment on it as it is a different and rare case. Most of the girls are trying to lose weight and there are very few who want to gain.

First of all, I want to make it clear there are no magic pills so that you can ignore food. If you can not eat food try to eat fruits, vegetables, eggs, meat, dry fruits, beans, oats etc. By these food items I mean eat healthy and which will help you to grow healthy and gain weight. In fruits you can eat 3-4 bananas and other fruits in a day and it will give you hell of an energy for the day. Meat and eggs will provide you protein and fat. Dry fruits will give me vitamins and required nutrition. Just eat what you like but make sure those items are healthy and will give you energy and proper nutrition.

If you include these stuff in your diet, it will boost your energy level and will get you out of malnutrition.
|