Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

It's against my religion, what do i do? please read and help me.

User Profile
I am 15 and I think i'm inlove with a 27 year-old man, I met him in Turkey. He is Turkish and we've spoken ever since I came back home to England, I really like him and we've told each other so... I've even learnt Turkish, We talk all the time, he's gorgeous, we've also agreed and planned to meet again... The only thing putting me of him is the twelve year age gap... He is obviously Muslim, I am Christian/Catholic and it's against my religion,
What do I do, follow my head or my heart?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Nina586
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2011
its against his religion too . but i dont think there is a problem with religion here . the 12 year gap is huge in my opinion . you realy need to talk to someone . dont rush. best wishes for you .
|
Users who thank Renekton for this post: YeahBuddy 

replied December 25th, 2011
I agree with Renekton, your age difference is a big deal. If you were 23 and him 35 that would be different. But you are only 15. You are very very young to be dating someone that much older than you. I am wondering why this 27 year old man would want to date a 15 year old. You really need to be careful, you should talk to an ADULT you trust about this before you do anything hasty. You are so young to know when its really love or if its lust.
|
Users who thank Nina586 for this post: YeahBuddy 

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2011
I would never and I repeat NEVER convert to Muslim, my Religion means too much to me... These comments have really made me think, thankyou all of you, but also, how do I get these feelings that I am feeling to go away?
|

replied December 30th, 2011
Calm down think numerous time when you are taking such decision.....as TactiKs said he will force you to change your cast and convert you in to muslim......so please take a healthy decision which cant harm you in the future.
|
Users who thank ritusen for this post: YeahBuddy 

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2012
It isn't against his religion
a Muslim Man can Marry or be in a relationship with a Christian/Jewish girl but he can't be with a woman that has no religion ...but the opposite can't happen ...a muslim woman can't marry a christian/jewish man

That's what i know
And also u don't have to turn muslim when you're with him
it's allowed in islam
|

User Profile
And love at this age isn't real
it will go away sooner or later
Try meeting new guys and eventually u might find someone to suit your age currently
im 16 and my opinion is that we girls should live our lives to their full ...because when we grow up we'll have loads of responsibilities ... so we shouldn't be involved with anyone even if we love him coz deep down we know that we're too young for this and in the end we get hurt

So i advise you to live your life to it's full and love whoever you want but you don't have to be with him especially if hes that much older Smile hope that helped
Good Luck Smile
|

Hey YeahBuddy
CALM DOWN DARLING its your age and crush on him u'll be fine soon its really really tough to survive with Muslim guys and he is 27 don't rush trust me I'm a christian too and been thorough this kinda relation not once but twice he would love to sleep with you a few times and then would never turn back, ohh yeah i must tell I'm from a Muslim Nation and knows a whole lot of stories like this Nothing turn out well
|

replied January 21st, 2012
Experienced User
It's not at all uncommon for a girl your age to be attracted to a man his age. He must seem so worldly and experienced, like he has so much to teach you. There's a movie about this very thing called "An Education." I haven't seen it though.

You have to be very careful about this, because you are at such a disadvantage being the inexperienced one. He is no doubt very skilled in the art of manipulating young girls like yourself.

Not to sound prejudiced, but his religion does seem like a red flag to me. There are many accounts of non-Muslim girls being romanced by Muslim men and then becoming trapped in a misogynistic culture. What seemed like the perfect romance can turn into a nightmare. A man who seemed enlightened can end up submitting you to the most barbaric and male-dominated traditions. Turkey seems a lot better than other Muslim nations, but still.

My advice to you is to find a guy who's your age. I promise they're not all idiots.
|

replied February 7th, 2012
Im in love with someone i shouldnt be so its a bit hypocritical of me to make too harsh a judgement. Thing is your very young and its so easy to fall in love at that age.

I dont mean to be rude honest. Thing is he is much older than you, i dont mean age wise as im not bothered by that, but maturity/worldy wise.

As im older ive become a lot more cynical and i dont have a good feeling about this Sad As you get older the younge appear more younger (to me anyways), and i would never dream of going out with someone 15 at 27. This is no disrespect to you, really. Its just at that age 15 yr old girls are just children to me and not just by law.

Be very careful. Unfortunatelty from life experiences and knowledge i feel this is wrong. Your very young with your whole life ahead of you. I cant make your choices, but i would advise to steer clear of this. He must know its not right even if your flattered an older guy is showing interest.

Hope this helps

R
|

Wats up wolf??
|

Hey Smile
|

Hello,

I am a Muslim and dating especially when sex is involved is completely against Islam, that is called adultery which means sex before marriage but what a person should do and what he is doing are two different things, it depends how practicing a believer can be, the more he practice the more he gets close to his Religion, we are human being, we do mistakes and no one is perfect that's why we should look at the source of a religion to judge it rather than the actions and the character of the believer. A Muslim can marry to a scripture believer which can be Muslim, Christian and Jew but not Atheist and there is nothing wrong with that, so you don't have to change your religion and embrace Islam if you get married to him, moreover there is no COMPULSION in Islam.

Concerning the age gape, age is just a number, what matters is maturity, sometimes a 40 years old person can behave like a 16 years old one and so on, but if you think that this relationship has a lot of chance to survive go for it. By the way My colleague who is English is in love with a Muslim Turkish guy who's name is Mustapha and going to see him again this month. At first I thought you are the one Very Happy. Thanks
|
Quick Reply