Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

It is like a small little tunnel under his skin?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Ok, last night my boyfriend pointed out something on his armpit to me and he said it was two holes right next to each other. He then proceeded to tell me that he could stick something inside it. I know disgusting. I looked at it and it looked black and looked like a thick, short line of black just underneath the skin. the black stuff is poking out of the skin in an already made hole. I got some tweezers and pulled it out. but the two holes were still there. I did not make any holes myself. It almost looks like someone pinched a little bit of his skin and pierced it and gunk and dirt was getting caught in it. It is like a small little tunnel under his skin. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THIS IS!!?? It is quite gross.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2012
I have the same thing too!! I have no idea what it is and I've googled and googled without figuring out what it is.
It doesn't itch or hurt. But it's just like a small piercing which dirt get caught in.
I can also put a needle through it and that way remove the dirt. But after a while it fills with dirt again and it never "heals". It's just.... Weird!!
|

replied August 2nd, 2012
Tiny tunnels in my skin
Me too! Please someone tell me what this is. It's spreading.
|

replied September 21st, 2012
I have this too. I googled "tunnels under skin" and came up with hidradenitis suppurativa. The pics posted are disgusting, so I'm thinking maybe I have a mild case because I did see a few pictures of just the two holes like what I have in my arm pit. Google it, there's lots of info.
|

replied January 15th, 2013
little tunnels under skin
so did you find out what to do for it. i have about 4 of them all in a circle but sometimes they get sore and it feels like there is something in them. but mine are in a spot i cannot get at ( on the bottom of my bum) If anyone has any help?
|

replied March 13th, 2013
Hi all. I've had the same thing on my armpit. It's not painful, itchy or whatever but it's annoying because, yes, dirt gets caught in it and it looks like you have this little holes in your armpit that looks disgusting! So I went to my dermatologist just this afternoon and asked about it. It's not a disease or something. She said it just had something to do with the growth of the hair and could be solved with laser. But since laser will cost too much and will take too long, I had this idea to have the skin on top of the tunnel cut open instead. She agreed. She, then, cauterized both the divided top skin so that there won't be any bleeding, excess skin whatsoever. And in three days, she said the wound would heal and make the skin smooth. Maybe you guys can ask your doctor about having the same procedure. It'll get rid of it for good!
|

replied May 7th, 2013
I have a couple of tunnels at the bottom of my bum. I have heard of disasters happening when they have been cut. I am a big big chicken and don't think i could let them do that to me. How did they do it? Freeze it and cut it open? Please let me know your procedure
|

replied April 25th, 2013
How did the cauterization go? I have the same "tunnels" connecting between pores in my underarms too. And I also think it's from ingrown hair.
For one "tunnel" I had, the skin above it divided on its own (probably from too much probing!), so it's open and healed now and the skin is smooth but you can definitely tell that there's a scar from the floor of the "tunnel".
|

replied July 22nd, 2014
I had two of these little tunnels in my armpit from the time I was an infant. One day I put a needle through the tunnels, and opened up the tops with a new sterile razor blade. Both incisions were tiny, and healed within days. I have two tiny scars now. I can still feel a slight groove in my skin where one of them was..
|
Quick Reply