Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Psoriasis Forum

red itchy bumps on elbows - psoriasis ?

Must Read
In this intro section, we answer the questions, "What is psoriasis?" Plus, descriptions on types of psoriasis that you may encounter....
Doctors know that psoriasis is an immune response. But what triggers a psoriasis outbreak? And how can you avoid/minimize your risk of developing the condition?...
Can you identify the signs of psoriasis? Click here for more information on psoriasis and when you should seek medical help for the immune disorder....
Hello. First post. Here's the situation. I'm a 28 Year old male, no family history of psoriasis. I have some dry, tough skin on my elbows. Someone suggested to me that I put some lotion on it, so I did. Within an hour or so, my elbows had red, very very itchy bumps on them, and the bumps started to appear on my hand, particularly on the insides of my fingers and some random single bumps on my arms and legs. I went to see the doctor several times and almost everyone thought it was an allergic reaction or bug bites.

I tried different types of lotions and some cortizone creme and everything just seemed to irritate it more. It itched very very badly. Finally one of the doctors told me to try Benadryl. This helped the itching a lot. I stopped putting anything on the bumps and with the help of the benadryl stopped scratching them and they eventually dried up and went away for the most part. But they refuse to totally go away.

I went to the doctor again and he took a biopsy and sent it in to a lab back in Germany. I had 1 stitch from that, and they gave me some bacatracin and bandages. Even the bacatracin managed to "rehydrate" the bumps and they started to grow again. It's very weird, almost as if they are a dehydrated rash.

The doctor that took the biopsy said that it looked a lot like psoriasis, being scaly dry skin on my elbows. I'm in the military and deployed to Iraq, so my doctor options are very limited and there are no dermatoligists on site. The biopsy was taken over a month ago and still there are no signs of results. Please tell me your opinion since everyone here seems to be stumped.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile jessamyn
|

replied April 4th, 2008
about the psoriasis
i myself had psoriasis. mine started when i was young Sad

i was really embarrassed about it all and i started secluding myself because of it. i later started doing research and i came across this site called, emerysemuelixir.com ITS AMAZING!!! yes

i started using their products and within 3 days i started seeing results.
you should really try it
it works Very Happy

hope i helped
~Spaz
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
do you type alot.. or have you elbows consistantly like on a desk or some hard and flat?
|

replied December 8th, 2008
that is so funny that you have the same thing as me WOW!!!!!!!!!
I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT I HAVE HAD SOME BUMPS ON MY ELBOWS FOR AWHILE AND I USED SOME LOTION ON IT AND IT SEEMED THAT IT WORKED THEN I GOT LIKE SOME REALLY GOOD LOTION FOR MY FEET THINKING THAT MY ELBOWS WHERE JUST REALLY DRY PUT IT ON THEM AND WOW MY BUMPS LIKE WENT ALL OVER MY ELBOWS IT IS LIKE WHAT YOU SAID USING LOTION MAKES THE BUMPS GO ON YOUR SKIN MORE LIKE IT LIKES IT AND LIVES ON IT ANY WAY I DONT KNOW IF YOUR STILL OVERSEAS BUT I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM GOING TO WORK ON GETTING AN ANSWER FOR THE BOTH OF US SO WE KNOW WHAT THIS IS AND WHAT WE CAN DO ABOUT IT I THANK YOU IN WHAT YOU HAVE SHARED WITH ME SO NOW IM GOING TO GET THE BENADRYL SO I NOT GOING TO USE THE CORTISONE AND I WAS GOING TO USE THAT SO THANK YOU SO MUCH. rainbow
|

replied March 17th, 2009
i have the same problem. i have bumps all over both of my elbows. when i stretch out my arm and look at them they are a pinkish color but when i fold my arm they are super red. they itch a lot and look gross. =(
|

replied July 29th, 2009
dry elbows with itchy bumps.
I have had dry knees and elbows for years with the occasional itchy bumps. I recently decided to try a moisturizer because the bumps were not going away and had spread to my forearms. I went to Safeway and found Burt's Bee's honey and shea butter body butter, (I heard shea butter was a good moisturizer). Anyway, I tried it and the bumps and dry skin were gone in 3 days and have not returned.
Dan
|

replied October 20th, 2009
Hey, it seems like you have a mild case, i would request you try Mayan Magic its a healing balm and it soothes the skin very nicely, its really an amazing life saving products and i request it to you.
Take Care
|

replied July 11th, 2010
psoriasis
hi there everyone. I have had psoriasis most of my life (now 38)and most lotions i have tried, which is many, just seem to keep the condition under control rather than a 'cure'. I have found that makuna honey lotion or cream (from Holland and Barrett)is amazing. It has completely rehydrated my skin and the itching has gone completely. Hope this helps
Rachel
|

replied August 5th, 2010
Itchy bumps on elbows
Make a paste of peroxide and baking soda, on the thick side, put it on and let it dry until it crumbles off. Rinse with cold water and in about an hour it will be AlMOST gone. Takes about 3 days to go completely away. Do it twice a day. AMAZING results!
|

replied July 6th, 2011
What this saying to you is that your body has a toxic overload and that your liver is overburdened and cannot make the toxins safe by neutralising them and so your immune system gets rid of these toxins through your skin. The toxins irritate the skin and become psoriasis causing the skin to grow quickly. A treatment that will help to treat psoriasis effectively and send it into remission for good is one that will treat the root causes and the patches at the same time as well as boosting your immunity. This of course will involve lifestyle changes, detoxing to clean out the toxins causing the psoriasis and also the liver, blood purification and kidneys. The one that does all this is a treatment called psoriasisnewtreatment.com. Give it a try and you should be cleared-up in no time.
|