Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Psoriasis Forum

Is this Psoriasis or what?

Must Read
What is eczema? We review basic facts on types of eczema and provide the medical definition of this common skin disorder here....
Children are more likely to get eczema. But are you at risk of this skin condition? Also, info on what causes eczema in this section....
Do you know how to identify symptoms of eczema? We review the common signs of eczema in adults and kids and let you know when to seek medical help....
My skin irritated by even the smallest amount of moisture... Lotions, Creams, Ointments, Balms, even Hydro-cortisone do not help...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 21st, 2011
JakeSteel--
Certaily feel for you with your skin condition, but this does not look anything like psoriasis to me. Now that does not mean that it is not as it certainly could be and it does like this would be very irritating. Psoriasis (both myself and my daughter suffer from this) creates patches of skin marked by rasied white areas of a plaque like substance. My psoriasis spots itched intensly and bled everytime scratched. The plaque like substance is a build up of dead skins cells, it is very thick and in some ways has a rubbery feel to it. The skin underneath is red and inflamed most often. This is a result of an over active immune system--most people generate new skin and sluff off dead skin over a period of time (approximately 30+ days). Those with psoraisis generate new skins cells in a matter of days not giving the body enough time to sluff off the old skin cells. I hope this helps and as well hope you determine for sure what your condition is! Best of luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Psoriasis, skin
Quick Reply