Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

Is this his Bipolarness?

Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
My ex boyfriend, who is a recovering alcoholic (he has been sober 5 months), broke up with me 15 months ago. We were together for about two years. He was diagnosed with bipolar as a teenager and had it really bad then. He is now 31 and I am 24. Well 15 months after breaking up with me he wants to get back together. He begged and did anything he could to win me back for a month. After a month, I told him I still love him and would give him another chance. For two weeks everything was great (we now have a long distance relationship because in the 15 months we were apart he moved away). For the two weeks he was always texting/calling. Then all the sudden he stops and 5 days later I text him saying whats going on and that I'm moving on since hes not even talking to me. Then he immediately responds back saying hes become extremely depressed (suicidal depressed) and that he hasnt been talking to anyone (not just me). He tells me to not be upset and that he's so inlove with me and that hes just going through a hard time. Then for 4 days everything is great again. And now again hes not talking. Its been 3 days. Is this typical of bipolarness or is this just him being a guy? Also could his bipolar be worse because it is no longer masked my alcohol? Also how long does a depression episode last? And should I leave him alone while hes down or should I be supportive and call him once a day?
Did you find this post helpful?
|