Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Is this depression?

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I just don't really feel like anything is worth an effort (school, friends, etc.)I usually had an outlet for these kinds of thoughts that helped me avoid self-harm, which was music, and playing in a band which is actually getting somewhere, but it's just getting stressful with another person in the band who is my best friend, I've know him for about 8 or 9 years, and a lot of people that I feel that I should have strong feelings towards I'm just starting to hate. I don't know if the reasons that I'm making up in my head justify these feelings I have against them, but I just feel like there's an amount of tension between these friends and family that is just gonna snap if I don't get help. And then there's this constant pressure I feel with school and this feeling of what's going to happen after I graduate (if I graduate) that really terrifies me. I don't feel the effort to do anything important, or be successful at all. I don't really care if I end up washed up in some ally, which is fine, that doesn't scare me, but it always felt like I was trying to impress somebody, mostly my dad. But now that my 4 closest and only friends are (or as it feels) out to put a knife through my back, it feels like life doesn't really matter, and I don't have anything to really live up to. I don't know if this is classified as depression, but I really really really need some advice, I think just even writing this helped me decide on what I'm going to do. I think I might get a phsyiciatrist and talk, maybe get some advice on how to handle all of this. Just please respond to this somehow.
Did you find this post helpful?
|