Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

is this anxiety? Sometimes I...

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
sorry this might be a lil long .I am 20 now, when i was 14 back in middle school i was playing outside in sun and had few sweaters on and started feeling dizzy and fainted...i went to the doctor than and they did blood work and said i got dehydrated and than it happened again few months later i got up was getting ready to go to school drinking milk and fell unconcious for 2 mins... docs said the same thing...after that i use to feel like i am going to pas out everytime i use to think about it and get sweaty...whenever i felt like that i usually got up and started doing some activity which helped. I use to think what if I die or what if something happened to me what would my parents do and thoughts like that.

And now I am 20 and about 6 months ago it happened again. I was getting my eyebrows done and got a lil cut where i started to bleed and right than in 2 mins i passed out. i woke up after 2 mins feeling shaky and cold and sweaty for a while after and urinating frequently. I don't have insurance till next moonth so didn't go to the doc this time but I talked to few nurses few docs online or anywhere i could and they said it was anxiety. But after that happened for few days i use to exerience fast heartbeat, lightheaded, get nervous if i do anything new or if I am not home and think about it. I still get random symptoms like one day i'll wake up feeling weak in the legs and other day upset stomach or lighheaded or sometimes after i eat my heart starts beating hard which feels like its beating in my stomach or something. but some days are perfectly normal. But if i hear about someone being sick or some illness i start thinkin what if that were to happen to me will i be able to take it? or i go online and look anywhere i can for symptoms, treatment and so on....I don't know what caused me to have anxiety if this is what it is except that i use to get into arguements with my boyfriend and family and stress over that or stress about little tiny things but idk.
And now I am scared to go to the hospital thinking what if something comes up in my blood work or something than what? I didn't use to be like this i was strong and now i get lightheaded while giving blood too..

please help if you can... i would appreciate it
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi amtesh,

It sounds like the medical profession has diagnoised you as having some form of anxiety. Do procede with the blood work dispite your misgiving as to the results. Anxiety can be controlled. Not knowing could be keeping you where your are now and I don't think you want to continue to live as you currently are correct?

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|
Did you find this post helpful?