Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Is this an STI?

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
My story:

Feb - received unprotected oral

After 10 days - symptoms:
* Frequent urination
* A small red cut-like mark near the opening of the penis
* Swollen head of the penis (swelling on one side, left or right, at a time) - disproportionate
* Rough and raw looking penis head
* Pain in urethra
* Slight pain in testicles
* Slight anal itching
* Occasional joints pain
=> Consulted a general physician, had urine analysis for all bacteria, negative results, no treatment, symptoms disappeared in 4 weeks

Sept - received unprotected oral (not again!)

After 10 days - symptoms:
* Frequent urination
* Red cut-like mark near the opening of the penis
* Swollen head of the penis (swelling on one side, left or right, at a time) - disproportionate
* Rough and raw looking penis head
* Pain in urethra
* Moderate pain in testicles
* Slight anal itching
* Joints and muscle pain
* Groin pain and tender bladder area after 4 weeks
=> Consulted 3 urologists, the first one found prostitis (swollen prostate gland, maybe due to a urinary infection), put me on Cipro 500 for 30 days, no improvements in symptoms, the second urologist recommended a CT scan for kidney stone, came negative, just visited a third one and he is retesting everything. After 5 weeks, the symptoms seem to be improving - prostate gland seems to be better, no testicle pain, bladder is improving, the cut on the head is disappearing

Still not 100% cured, want an answer to this... Is it a recurrent problem? Is it chronic? Is it infectious? Is there a diagnosis & cure for it? Is it fungus, some virus or some restrained bacteria (that is yet not identified as STI)? All my docs think that this is not STI, but I believe it is an STI.
Did you find this post helpful?
|