Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Is there a stimulant/non-drowsy antidepressant medication?

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I was put on zoloft a couple years ago and it seemed to help my depression. However it made me pretty tired. I play a college sport and have a very rough schedule and I can't deal with the drowsy effects of the zoloft. I need to be able to perform, I can't keep feeling run down. Is there any antidepressant/anxiety medication out there that wont make me feel so exhausted? And if there was a stimulant type or antidepressant that would be great too!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 31st, 2010
I've been on Wellbutrin for 14 years and it's great. For me, there is only one side effect .... dry mouth. Other than that, there are no side effects (no drowsiness) and it makes me feel so much better!
|
Did you find this post helpful?