Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

Is para aortic lymph node serious?

Must Read
Cervical cancer typically develops over many years. But when does cervical cancer occur and how do doctors define the disease? ...
How are HPV and cervical cancer related? And how can you place yourself out of risk for developing cervical cancer? More here....
Abnormal menstruation can be a sign of cervical cancer. Learn the signs and symptoms of serious "female problems" and when to seek medical help here....
I had a CT of abdomen/Pelvis to try to find out why I've been having pain and nausia. A 1.3cm para aortic lymph node was seem on the left, along with 'several scattered small lymph nodes in the retro peritoneal area' and a 3.3cm cyst with in my right ovary. I know the cyst would certainly explain my symptoms, but the fact that I have at least one enlarged lymph node sort of worries me. Do you think that is cause for concern? The CT was ordered by a GI doc, but I'm seeing a OB/GYN very soon. I'm only 26, and a mother of 1 beautiful boy.

Thank you,
Sarah
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You should undergo further examination for determining the nature of the ovarian cyst and the cause foe swollen paraaortic lymph node.
The worst scenario could be a genital malignancy, spreading to the paraaortic lymph nodes.

The right answer can be given by you gynecologist!
|

replied November 24th, 2011
paraaortal lymph node and ovarian cyst
Hi sarah
Did you find out what you had? My wife has a very similar situation and I'm just curious what it turned out to be. Hope all is well.
|