Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Is omega 3 beneficial ?

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
What are the health benefits of taking Omega-3 ?
Specifically for heart health and coronary disease.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi martinstut and welcome to ehealth: They do say that it reduces the chances of heart problems...However, I would definitely ask my doctor before I used it...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied January 6th, 2012
Omega 3 fatty acids are poly-unsaturated fatty acids. It has been identified that Omega 3 fatty acids are indispensable for our cell membranes and lowers the level of fat in blood.
|

replied July 2nd, 2014
There are many benefits of omega-3, a fatty acid found in food. Take a look ... That's why it's important to get omega-3 fatty acids from food or from supplements.
|

replied August 5th, 2014
Yes Omega 3 is really good for health. As per WHO one should eat 3 pounds of salmon fish a week because omega 3 content is really high. Omega 3 plays major role in cleaning blocks(fat or cholestrol) that formed in the valves of heart. This reduces major heart diseases and cholestrol problem. I personally use this and also my uncle who had high cholestrol after consultation with doctor started using it and his cholestrol is in normal level. Since having fish for 3 weeks become expensive. I would recommend you to try that. Also if you want you can show it to doctor for his point of view. Take care.
|

replied October 29th, 2014
For heart health & coronary disease you can take Gaia’s flax capsule, It is the vital source of essential fatty acid which contains
1. Alpha linolenic acid
2. Linolenic acid
3. Omega-3 & Omega-6
Flax Oil contains approximately 50% more Omega-3 than fish oil. It helps in -
1. Cardio vascular disease
2. Insomnia
3. High cholesterol
4. High BP
|