Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Is my girlfriend addicted to cutting?

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
I'm worried about her. She says she gets shaky after awhile an has to do it. Is there anything I can do? Cause i don't know she's in a situation where she can't get meds, and it's really hard to even convince her to talk about it

Any help would be nice, thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Linger
|

replied May 26th, 2012
Meds aren't always the answer for cutting. I would just try to be there for her. Don't be pushy about talking about just be undertanding. Let her know you love her and don't want to see her hurting herself. Trust me even if she can't stop herself it's nice for her to know that someone cares. There are other ways of dealing with the urge to cut if she's shaky. Holding her if she will let you. Just steadying her body. My best advice is just be availble for her in any way you can. Let her know you care. But don't make everything about the cutting. hope this helps.
|

replied May 26th, 2012
Meds aren't always the answer for cutting. I would just try to be there for her. Don't be pushy about talking about just be undertanding. Let her know you love her and don't want to see her hurting herself. Trust me even if she can't stop herself it's nice for her to know that someone cares. There are other ways of dealing with the urge to cut if she's shaky. Holding her if she will let you. Just steadying her body. My best advice is just be availble for her in any way you can. Let her know you care. But don't make everything about the cutting. hope this helps.
|