Medical Questions > Relationships > Ending a Relationship Forum

is my ex trying to hurt me emotionally

Me and my partner of 7 years have just split up we have 2 children and at the moment were still living together its been a week and he has already gotten back with his ex who he was with 4 years ago while we had a brake (2weeks) and he hasent spoken to her in to years is this just his way of dealing with the brake up or is he trying to hurt me knowing I hate her
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 21st, 2012
I am so sorry i can't imagine the pain that you are feeling. In the past one of my exs jumped straight into a relationship the week after we had ended our two year long relationship. I know that two years in no way compares to seven but i have an idea how you might be feeling. My guess is that she's just a rebound maybe to help him cope with the split. It's not a healthy way to bounce back after a relationship but a lot of people jump straight into things. In my experience that ex that started a new relationship with one of his ex's ended up coming back, trying to make things work told me that i was still on his mind but that it was the easiest way to try to get over the break up.
|

replied December 10th, 2012
When I split up with my partner 7 years ago after about 18 months he said he had been on holiday with friends. After about a fortnight he started texting me and I agreed to try again. After about 3 months he said he had something to tell me and he admitted he had been away with his ex wife and children to try to make things up. It hadn't worked. I was too far into the relationship to chuck him out and in 7 years he never tried to leave again. (He is now in hospital with alcoholic liver failure and has said he doesn't want a relationship any more. I don't know if that is because he has rethought his life or doesn't want me to see him die)
|
Quick Reply