Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Calendar Conception : When did I Conceive ? Forum

Is my due date right? (Page 1)

I had my last period at the end of december and i remember it ending right after new years...me and my fiance had sex on the 6th of january and im sure that is the day i got pregnant but my due date is September 23rd. That would only make 36 weeks and everyone keeps telling my fiance that im supposed to carry the baby for 40 weeks! Now he thinks that our baby would be my ex's which is untrue because i was with him in the middle of november and i had my period for november and december. could you please explain for me so maybe my fiance will understand too. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
A due date of September 23 2009 place your ovulation at December 31 2008. This means that you must have had unprotected sex somewhere between December 27 2008 and January 1 2009 - most likely December 30 2008.

Are you sure of your dates? The only other explanation can be that you have VERY irregular cycles or very short cycles.
|

replied July 28th, 2009
Well my period didnt end til after new years day so does that help? It probably ended on the 2nd cause it was already really really light on new years i remember because we went out that night.
|

replied July 28th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
It is possible that the due date may be wrong. It is based on various formulas and possibly on information you gave to the doctor. He might have misunderstood or missheard.

If you had a scan before week 20, the due date will be pretty accurate.

Could you have had ovulation bleeding on Jan 1 and that is what you are remembering? If you had unprotected sex between Dec 26 and Jan 1, I would still think that that was it - unless you can determine why the doctor has the due date wrong.
|

replied July 28th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
In order for you to have conceived from sex on Jan 6, you would have had to have menstrual cycles between 20 and 23 days (abnormally short) and that will put the delivery date around September 29 to October 3 depending on when you ovulated.
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
It may have ended before new years..its just been so long. i remember my period used to come aroundthe 20th and last about 6 or 7 days sometimes they would be shorter. I didnt have a period in january and i thought i was about to but i only had a couple spots and saw that twice toward the middle to end of january. Does that help?
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
I also noticed on my paper i get from him at each visit he has my last period as 12/26/08 and my due date sept 23rd...
|

replied November 9th, 2009
conception
i want to know the same thing, i got my period july 30th 2009 until august 3rd, i found out the last week of august i was pregnant,my doctor said i ovulated the 13th, and said i could have gotten pregnant the 15th,im hoping the 15th is when i got pregnant, i had sex with my ex bf august 5th and 6th, and then went back my ex fiance on the 15th and 2 weeks later i was pregnant
|

replied November 10th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Countrygrl, You had to have ovulated later for sex to get you pregnant on July 15th (it is not unusual. Your ovulation date is normally 14 days before your next period but may be + or - 2 days). Ovulation takes about 15 minutes and after ovulation the unfertilized egg dies pretty quickly (at most 24 hours after it got released - more likely 6 to 10 hours)

Of course it is impossible for your doctor to say exactly when you ovulated. He is probably using the normal formula of next period due date - 14 days, and as I said, this can be off by 2 days either way.

The good news in all of this is that sex with your (ex-)bf on Aug 5/6 was way too early so I think it is safe to say your (ex-)fiance is the daddy.
|

replied December 24th, 2009
Is my due date right?
Hello everyone, my name is Linda

With me being celibate for many years, I can tell you very clearly the day of my last period Nov 28, 2009 and the day I conceived Dec 2, 2009. I am 25 days pregnant and I can hear my baby heart beating. Tell you husband don't worry because the love you both have is so much stronger then SATAN.

God is LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied December 24th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Linda, I do recommend that you remove your telephone number. This is not a private forum. You can send information like this in a private message if you really want to.

Congratulations!

You must have real short cycles? To conceive on the 5th day of your cycle it willhave to be only 19 days long. That is abnormally short. If you mean that you had sex on the 5th day of your cycle, you probably conceived around day 9 of your cycle. That would mean a cycle of around 23 days. Still very short but well within the 'normal' range of 21 to 35 days.

I do think that you are feeling something else. A fetus does not have a heart at this stage. It is still fully dependent on you and only a few cells big.

Their are plenty of web sites and books that can tell ypu exactly what is happening on a week by week basis.

God bless and have a blessed Cristmass!

Take care!
|

replied December 25th, 2009
I understand, thank you very much.

Yes, I do have real short cycles and the only days that I had sex was Dec 2,6 and 19.

When I was pregnant with my twins my friend the Doctor told me I was not pregnant and she told me I had to come in after my six week to take the test. I could feel the twins moving within my tubs, this is how I know I was pregnant. On May 11, I conceived the twins and on May 28 I had my pregnancy test and it came back positive, then I told her I would be having twins and she did not believe me until she seen my ultrasound.

I have 5 children and my mother have 13 children, so I have to listen to my body and mother a little more then the web sites and books but thank you very much.

I understand that they have told us you can not hear the heart beating or moving but I just do and no one can change the fact. I am pregnant and I'm the one who have to tell my doctor that I'm pregnant and I have always told them before I don't have a period within the next month.
|

replied February 2nd, 2010
conception
Hi i am a bit concerned that my baby that is due in less than 5 wks is my ex's. My 1st day of my last period was on 31 may 09 i did a pregnacy test on 7th july that confirmed i was 5 wk plus pregnant. Then on the 27th july i had a dating scan i was 8 wk 3 days then i had a nuclar scan on 19th aug that said i was 12 wk 2 days??? this is where it gets confusing because the wk after on 27th aug i had my 12 wk scan at hospital i was 12 wk 6 days? then on 23rd oct i went for my 20 wk scan i was 20 wk 6 days then i had a 4d scan on 25th nov i was 25 wk3 days then another 4d scan 27th jan i was 34 wk5 days all my scan dated go back a few days before my period???
|

Especially eHealthy
LillyBeth, they probably are working off a 40 week pregnancy. They take your conception date and subtract 14 days from it and that is the date it goes back to.

Of course you are an example of why this method is wrong. Ovulation - 14 days brings you to before your menstruation.

Take care!
|

thanks so when did i concieve then?
|

replied March 16th, 2010
is my due date right?
Mine is like this, I had my mens last nov. 15-nov 20 2009, my husband is a seafarer and he went home last december 06 2009, we had sex that time. My Doctor gave me a due date of aug 21 2010. but we are very sure that it is supposed to be 1st or 2nd week of september, can you tell me what is my real due date? I am having problem with my husband now because he thinks that i had a sex with a different guy before he came home which i never did. please enlighten me..thanks
|

replied March 16th, 2010
is my due date right?
Mine is like this, I had my mens last nov. 15-nov 20 2009, my husband is a seafarer and he went home last december 06 2009, we had sex that time. My Doctor gave me a due date of aug 21 2010. but we are very sure that it is supposed to be 1st or 2nd week of september, can you tell me what is my real due date? I am having problem with my husband now because he thinks that i had a sex with a different guy before he came home which i never did. please enlighten me..thanks
|

replied April 18th, 2010
im due 3rd september 2010 and i was informed that my conceive date was 27th november would this be true?? the reason i ask this is so i can show my ex boyfriend to make him believe that the baby is his ........ please inform me

thanks x
|

replied May 12th, 2010
hello i have a question my doctor said my due date is aug 30 2010 and i probably concieve on dec 7 2009 but i do not recall having sex around that time. i also went to a women center she told me the same due date but she said i concieve on nov 30th of 2009. i had two sex partners around that time. one i thought my period was off but for some reason my period came back on that morning of the 28th of nov and later on i had sex with my bf. so which doctor is right???
|

replied May 12th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Leanne, With a due date of Sept 3, you conceived/ovulated around Dec 11. Sex between Dec 7 and Dec 12 made you pregnant.

Take care!
|
12 >>